    ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....

    Thanks in advance
    Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

    Prashanth Badabagni, Feb 18, 2005

  2. Prashanth Badabagni

    Artie Gold Guest

    Prashanth Badabagni wrote:
    > Hi ,
    > can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
    > ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

    There is no such thing as *the C library*; there are, however, several
    implementations.

    If you work with an open source platform, there's no problem -- just
    Google for it.

    If you don't, you'll have to contact your vendor (and likely pay a
    considerable fee).

    The other thing is that the `stdio.h and stdlib.h' are *headers*
    containing principally declarations of library functions, not their
    implementations.

    HTH,
    --ag

    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas
    http://www.cafepress.com/goldsays

    Artie Gold, Feb 18, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    Prashanth Badabagni <> wrote:
    : can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
    :( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....

    gcc, glibc, linux, openbsd, freebsd...
    --
    Strange but true: there are entire WWW pages devoted to listing
    programs designed to obfuscate HTML.

    Walter Roberson, Feb 18, 2005
  4. Prashanth Badabagni

    Jens Marder Guest

    In VisualC6 lib sources ARE included.
    I have the "Enterprise" edition.
    Don't know, if sources are also included for
    cheaper versions (probably not).

    Jens Marder, Feb 18, 2005
  5. Prashanth Badabagni

    infobahn Guest

    Jens Marder wrote:

    > In VisualC6 lib sources ARE included.

    Ha! Have you /looked/ at them?

    Next time you have a moment, check out the source for, say, printf.
    Here's the version that accompanied the v5 release (with much elision
    of whitespace):

    int __cdecl printf (
    const char *format,
    )
    /** stdout 'PRINT', 'F'ormatted */
    {
    va_list arglist;
    int buffing;
    int retval;
    va_start(arglist, format);
    _ASSERTE(format != NULL);
    _lock_str2(1, stdout);
    buffing = _stbuf(stdout);
    retval = _output(stdout,format,arglist);
    _ftbuf(buffing, stdout);
    _unlock_str2(1, stdout);
    return(retval);
    }

    *Very* helpful to those of you planning on writing your own printf
    mods, isn't it?

    infobahn, Feb 19, 2005
  6. <posted & mailed>

    There's hundreds of implementations, including a variety of open-source ones
    you can download from the Internet (the GNU C library is especially widely
    used).

    If you want access to the source code for a proprietary implementation (like
    Microsoft's), you need to contact the company an negotiate terms,
    non-disclosure agreements, etc.

    Prashanth Badabagni wrote:

    > Hi ,
    > can any one please help me to get the source code of the c library
    > ( stdio.h , stdlib.h ....) ....
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Prashanth ( Man who saw the end of war )

    --
    Remove '.nospam' from e-mail address to reply by e-mail

    James McIninch, Feb 19, 2005