    I have version 4.70 installed in my debian system (installed with
    apt-get, so I don't know where the sources are from). After reading the
    thread_ at sourceforge, I did a google search for "python emacs" and
    found the `Emacs goodies`_ page at python.org

    ... _`Emacs goodies`: http://www.python.org/emacs/

    where I was redirected to the `python-mode`_ page at SourceForge. There
    I could only find version 1.0alpha (4.6) (the one said too old in the
    thread_)

    I also tried the `Barry Warsaw's Elisp packages`_ as suggested at `Emacs
    goodies`_ page "for some more up-to-date versions of these files", but
    the link doesn't work.

    ... _`Barry Warsaw's Elisp packages`: http://barry.warsaw.us/elisp/

    So, *where can I find a newer version of emacs' python-mode*?

    Thanks,

    Marcio

    Marcio Rosa da Silva, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Marcio> I have version 4.70 installed in my debian system (installed
    Marcio> with apt-get, so I don't know where the sources are from). After
    Marcio> reading the thread_ at sourceforge, I did a google search for
    Marcio> "python emacs" and found the `Emacs goodies`_ page at python.org

    Marcio> .. _`Emacs goodies`: http://www.python.org/emacs/

    Marcio> where I was redirected to the `python-mode`_ page at
    Marcio> SourceForge. There I could only find version 1.0alpha (4.6) (the
    Marcio> one said too old in the thread_)

    I haven't done a release in a long while. Guess it's about time to do that
    again. In the meantime, you can download the currently most recent version
    of python-mode.el from here:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/python-mode/python-mode/python-mode.el?rev=4.75

    You can browse all the files in the CVS repository here:

    http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python-mode/python-mode/

    Skip

    Skip Montanaro, Jul 4, 2005