Where can I get the new version of python-mode for emacs?

Marcio Rosa da Silva

Hi all,

My first try on using RST to write an email. so I can (will) make
mistakes :)

I am experiencing the problem shown in this thread_ of the
`python-mode`_ discussion list hosted at SourceForge.

... _thread:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=581349&aid=1215039&group_id=86916
... _`python-mode`: http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mode/

I have version 4.70 installed in my debian system (installed with
apt-get, so I don't know where the sources are from). After reading the
thread_ at sourceforge, I did a google search for "python emacs" and
found the `Emacs goodies`_ page at python.org

... _`Emacs goodies`: http://www.python.org/emacs/

where I was redirected to the `python-mode`_ page at SourceForge. There
I could only find version 1.0alpha (4.6) (the one said too old in the
thread_)

I also tried the `Barry Warsaw's Elisp packages`_ as suggested at `Emacs
goodies`_ page "for some more up-to-date versions of these files", but
the link doesn't work.

... _`Barry Warsaw's Elisp packages`: http://barry.warsaw.us/elisp/

So, *where can I find a newer version of emacs' python-mode*?

Thanks,

Marcio

Skip Montanaro

Marcio> I have version 4.70 installed in my debian system (installed
Marcio> with apt-get, so I don't know where the sources are from). After
Marcio> reading the thread_ at sourceforge, I did a google search for
Marcio> "python emacs" and found the `Emacs goodies`_ page at python.org

Marcio> .. _`Emacs goodies`: http://www.python.org/emacs/

Marcio> where I was redirected to the `python-mode`_ page at
Marcio> SourceForge. There I could only find version 1.0alpha (4.6) (the
Marcio> one said too old in the thread_)

I haven't done a release in a long while. Guess it's about time to do that
again. In the meantime, you can download the currently most recent version
of python-mode.el from here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/python-mode/python-mode/python-mode.el?rev=4.75

You can browse all the files in the CVS repository here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/python-mode/python-mode/

Skip