Where can i get the python source for windows

Susanne

Hello,

i need the source code of python 2.3 for windows.
I looked on ftp.python.org, but i can't find it.

I need it, because i want to create a visual Mfc
debug application and for that i need
the python*_d.dll and python*_d.lib.

Can anyone give me a hint, where i can get the sourcecode??

Thanks
Susanne

Fredrik Lundh

Susanne said:
i need the source code of python 2.3 for windows.
I looked on ftp.python.org, but i can't find it.

if you've managed to log in to ftp.python.org, it sure takes
some real effort to miss the source code:

pub -> python -> 2.3

(where "pub" is the only directory on the top level)

alternatively, you can browse to http://www.python.org, click
on the Python 2.3 link in the upper left corner, and look under
"download the release", where you'll find a link to:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.2/Python-2.3.2.tgz

hope this helps!

</F>

Gandalf

i need the source code of python 2.3 for windows.
I looked on ftp.python.org, but i can't find it.

I need it, because i want to create a visual Mfc
debug application and for that i need
the python*_d.dll and python*_d.lib.

Can anyone give me a hint, where i can get the sourcecode??
Did you try the CVS?

http://www.python.org/download/cvs.html

L 1.0

Gandalf

if you've managed to log in to ftp.python.org, it sure takes
some real effort to miss the source code:

pub -> python -> 2.3

(where "pub" is the only directory on the top level)

alternatively, you can browse to http://www.python.org, click
on the Python 2.3 link in the upper left corner, and look under
"download the release", where you'll find a link to:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.2/Python-2.3.2.tgz
Fredrik,

I'm affraid that is for Unix and OS X only.

L 1.0

Fredrik Lundh

Gandalf said:
Fredrik,

I'm affraid that is for Unix and OS X only.

nope.

the source archive is for everyone.

for Windows build instructions, see "Building on non-UNIX systems" in
the README, and the "PCBuild/readme.txt" file.

</F>