Where could I find *.h ?

Sébastien

(Exucse me for my english vocabulary: I'm French)

Hi,

I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
list in order to know what I can use in my program code.
I hope that you have understood.

Thanks
Sébastien

Victor Bazarov

Sébastien said:
I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
list in order to know what I can use in my program code.

If I understand what you're asking, then the best approach for
you will probably be to find a good book (or books) on the C++
language and its library. "Accelerated C++" and "The C++
Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference" are the two books
that if combined will answer 95% of your needs.

Victor

Tommy McDaniel

Sébastien said:
(Exucse me for my english vocabulary: I'm French)

Hi,

I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
list in order to know what I can use in my program code.
I hope that you have understood.

Thanks
Sébastien

If what you want is a list of header files and some reference about
their contents and such, try
http://dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp. Note that C++-style
C++ headers don't end in .h. If you like that reference you should
probably buy a copy. I use mine all the time. Of course, this may not
have even been the question you asked (I originally thought it was
about how to find the actual header files on your system).

Tommy McDaniel

Shane Beasley

Sébastien said:
I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
list in order to know what I can use in my program code.

The files you seek are called "header files" (or "headers"), and there
is a list of C++ Standard Library header files here:

<http://dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp>

All of the headers listed there are part of Standard C++ *except*
these:

<hash_map> <hash_set>
<fstream.h> <iomanip.h> <iostream.h> <new.h> <stl.h>

Note that most Standard C++ headers do *not* end in ".h". The C++ FAQ
has an explanation for this:

<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/coding-standards.html#faq-27.4>

A good book should explain this better.

Good luck!