    I hope that you have understood.

    Thanks
    Sébastien

    Sébastien, Jul 19, 2003

  2. "Sébastien" <> wrote...
    > I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files

    *.h
    > list in order to know what I can use in my program code.

    If I understand what you're asking, then the best approach for
    you will probably be to find a good book (or books) on the C++
    language and its library. "Accelerated C++" and "The C++
    Standard Library: A Tutorial and Reference" are the two books
    that if combined will answer 95% of your needs.

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 19, 2003

  3. "Sébastien" <> wrote in message news:<3f19a91d$0$1382$>...
    > (Exucse me for my english vocabulary: I'm French)
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
    > list in order to know what I can use in my program code.
    > I hope that you have understood.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sébastien

    If what you want is a list of header files and some reference about
    their contents and such, try
    http://dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp. Note that C++-style
    C++ headers don't end in .h. If you like that reference you should
    probably buy a copy. I use mine all the time. Of course, this may not
    have even been the question you asked (I originally thought it was
    about how to find the actual header files on your system).

    Tommy McDaniel

    Tommy McDaniel, Jul 20, 2003
  4. "Sébastien" <> wrote in message news:<3f19a91d$0$1382$>...

    > I think that all it said in my question. I would like to get a files *.h
    > list in order to know what I can use in my program code.

    The files you seek are called "header files" (or "headers"), and there
    is a list of C++ Standard Library header files here:

    <http://dinkumware.com/manuals/reader.aspx?lib=cpp>

    All of the headers listed there are part of Standard C++ *except*
    these:

    <hash_map> <hash_set>
    <fstream.h> <iomanip.h> <iostream.h> <new.h> <stl.h>

    Note that most Standard C++ headers do *not* end in ".h". The C++ FAQ
    has an explanation for this:

    <http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/coding-standards.html#faq-27.4>

    A good book should explain this better.

    Good luck!