where do I find the messages ?

Paul Johnson

I have created a text box with a submit button and a reset button as follows
<FORM>
<P> Drop me a line..
<BR><TEXTAREA NAME="comment" ROWS="6" COLS="40" WRAP></TEXTAREA></P>
<P><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send">
<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear above type"></P>

I am not clear about where the submitted message goes for me to pick it up.
I do not know what to look for. Does each message auto generate its own
file? I am a newbie at this sort of thing. My webpage is one that is hosted
by geocities.
Paul

Hywel

Paul Johnson said:
I have created a text box with a submit button and a reset button as follows
<FORM>
<P> Drop me a line..
<BR><TEXTAREA NAME="comment" ROWS="6" COLS="40" WRAP></TEXTAREA></P>
<P><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send">
<INPUT TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear above type"></P>

I am not clear about where the submitted message goes for me to pick it up.

If that's your form, there is no message. You need some sort of server-
side processing to deal with the data that's submitted via the form.
I do not know what to look for.

A form tutorial would be a good start. Try http://www.w3schools.com/

Does each message auto generate its own file?
No.

I am a newbie at this sort of thing.

Most of us were at some point. It's easy once you get the hang of
things.