Where do I get the hotfix?

John Saunders

RParker said:
Please see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911272

I thought for sure that I would be able to find the hotfix in my MSDN
subscription, but can't anywhere. Does anyone know where it may be
hiding?
I don't want to use a support incident just to get a file.

You may not need the file. It looks like the Registry directions would fix
the problem:

Registry information
To enable this hotfix, you must add the following DWORD value at the
following registry key:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET\FCNMode
The following table lists possible values for the FCNMode DWORD value and
the behavior that is associated with each value. Value Behavior
Does not exist This is the default behavior. For each subdirectory, the
application will create an object that will monitor the subdirectory.
0 or greater than 2 This is the default behavior. For each subdirectory,
the application will create an object that will monitor the subdirectory.
1 The application will disable File Change Notifications (FCNs).
2 The application will create one object to monitor the main directory. The
application will use this object to monitor each subdirectory.

RParker

Thanks, John. I will give that a try. I've spent the morning researching
this problem, but have yet to find anyone that can explain to me in plain
english what the costs are for setting this to "2". There has to be a
draw-back. Do you have any ideas, John?

bruce barker

hotfixes are usually only available via a support call. but in your case this
hotfix is in sp1, which you can just download.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)