    subscription, but can't anywhere. Does anyone know where it may be hiding?
    I don't want to use a support incident just to get a file.

    Thanks
    RParker, Nov 3, 2008

  2. "RParker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Please see:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911272
    >
    > I thought for sure that I would be able to find the hotfix in my MSDN
    > subscription, but can't anywhere. Does anyone know where it may be
    > hiding?
    > I don't want to use a support incident just to get a file.

    You may not need the file. It looks like the Registry directions would fix
    the problem:

    Registry information
    To enable this hotfix, you must add the following DWORD value at the
    following registry key:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ASP.NET\FCNMode
    The following table lists possible values for the FCNMode DWORD value and
    the behavior that is associated with each value. Value Behavior
    Does not exist This is the default behavior. For each subdirectory, the
    application will create an object that will monitor the subdirectory.
    0 or greater than 2 This is the default behavior. For each subdirectory,
    the application will create an object that will monitor the subdirectory.
    1 The application will disable File Change Notifications (FCNs).
    2 The application will create one object to monitor the main directory. The
    application will use this object to monitor each subdirectory.

    John Saunders, Nov 3, 2008

  3. RParker

    RParker Guest

    Thanks, John. I will give that a try. I've spent the morning researching
    this problem, but have yet to find anyone that can explain to me in plain
    english what the costs are for setting this to "2". There has to be a
    draw-back. Do you have any ideas, John?

    RParker, Nov 3, 2008
  4. RParker

    bruce barker Guest

    hotfixes are usually only available via a support call. but in your case this
    hotfix is in sp1, which you can just download.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 3, 2008