where does IAsyncReturn object go, to be used later, in this code?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by johnmann56, May 23, 2004.

1. johnmann56

johnmann56 Guest

Hello, I'm a newbie to Web Services and have a question about consuming XML Web Services asynchronously. I gather so far that the IAsyncResult object returned from BeginXXX method of a proxy class is important, as it gets used later by the EndXXX method. I'm working an example from Freeman and Jones "XML Web Services Step by Step", Chapter 15, and wonder where the important IAsyncResult object GOES or is stored, to be used later, in the following code line

o_validator.BeginValidateCard(x_object, x_callback, Result1)

where o_validator is an instance of a proxy class for an XML Web Service that validates credit card numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
    johnmann56, May 23, 2004
    1. Advertising

2. Johnmann56,
    Maybe it's late, but I'm not entirely sure what you are getting at. When you call a function asynchronously you pass a object either a class of your own creation with all the goodies you need to finish that process once the web service is done. When it comes back in your call back End method you can convert it back to your object type.

-Calvin Luttrell
    ProjectThunder.com

> Hello, I'm a newbie to Web Services and have a question about consuming XML Web Services asynchronously. I gather so far that the IAsyncResult object returned from BeginXXX method of a proxy class is important, as it gets used later by the EndXXX method. I'm working an example from Freeman and Jones "XML Web Services Step by Step", Chapter 15, and wonder where the important IAsyncResult object GOES or is stored, to be used later, in the following code line;
    >
    > o_validator.BeginValidateCard(x_object, x_callback, Result1);
    >
    > where o_validator is an instance of a proxy class for an XML Web Service that validates credit card numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
    Calvin Luttrell/ProjectThunder.com, May 24, 2004
    1. Advertising

3. johnmann56

johnmann56 Guest

I'm sorry, it's the IAsyncResult object, not IAsyncReturn, that I'm questioning about, Calvin. It's what's returned by the BeginXXX proxy class method. Are you familiar with the uses of this object, it's lifecycle through one Asynchronous transaction
    John
    johnmann56, May 24, 2004
    1. Advertising