where does JNDI store context binding information

Discussion in 'Java' started by Cheok Yan Cheng, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. here is the code snap frm a database program.
    String fsName = "jdbc/pjtutorial/mssql";

    try{

    Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
    "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory");

    Context ctx = new InitialContext(env);
    ctx.bind(fsName, ds) ; // ds is data source object

    i was wondering where does JNDI store context binding information? i
    try to search through all the .properties file in my computer but get
    none of the information.

    thank you.

    regards
    yan cheng

    Cheok Yan Cheng, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Cheok Yan Cheng

    Chris Smith Guest

    Cheok Yan Cheng wrote:
    > here is the code snap frm a database program.
    > String fsName = "jdbc/pjtutorial/mssql";
    >
    > try{
    >
    > Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
    > env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
    > "com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory");
    >
    > Context ctx = new InitialContext(env);
    > ctx.bind(fsName, ds) ; // ds is data source object
    >
    > i was wondering where does JNDI store context binding information? i
    > try to search through all the .properties file in my computer but get
    > none of the information.

    I don't really know anything about this, but a few different Google
    results mention a ".bindings" file that's used to represent an object
    that's stored with the RefFSContextFactory JNDI provider. You might
    search for that, instead.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation