    subscribers?

    :)

    Thanks.
    VB Programmer, Jul 6, 2007

  2. The design concept behind the Expression studio in general is to give a
    better way for designers to develop interfaces that will work well with the
    VS.net developers. Some tools, Expression Web for example, are having an
    impact on VS in the fact that the EW web designer is being integrated into
    Visual Studio 2008 (with some minor functionality missing) to provide for a
    better web design experience.

    Silverlight is nice, but 1.0 doesn't provide managed interfaces yet.
    Silverlight 1.1 will and that will make it even better and easier to work
    with.

    I don't think it's a matter of switching over, the Expression product suite
    doesn't replace VS, it adds more design features than ever before (and also
    not all developers are good at working with visual design tools so they may
    not need them).

    Some of these will be available at MSDN, but I forget which ones (check the
    msdn newsgroups for more details). I believe Expression web is, but if not
    SharePoint Designer is, and SD is a superset of EW and adds additional
    functionality for developing web sites based on SharePoint Server).

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Jul 6, 2007

  3. Very informative Mark.

    So, you can create a snazzy design with EW and import it into VS to do the
    programming, add data, etc...?

    On one of the demos I saw (Blend I think) the person was manipulating the
    animation of 3d objects. Do you know if you can model 3d objects with these
    tools also?

    VB Programmer, Jul 6, 2007
  4. VB Programmer

    bruce barker Guest

    expression, blend and silverlight are MS's answer to flash and
    dreamweaver. you use blend to build silverlight files, and expresson
    design to build vector files for blend to import.

    silverlight can call browser javascript for ajax support, or it can host
    a .net class (but with heaver startup than javascript - like loading
    a java applet).

    expect better VS integration than flash (next release of VS has a subset
    of expression built-in for web editing), but whether web designers will
    switch remains to be seem.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 6, 2007
  5. I guess it's Microsoft's "Flash Killer". Do you know if this supports 3d
    modeling?

    VB Programmer, Jul 7, 2007