Where does one get help??

Uncle Pirate

Samuël van Laere said:
I agree.
Though thanks to this newsgroup I learned how to use HTML the way is was
ment to be used.
If it wasn't for this group I probally would be still doing inaccessible
websites today.
Any newbie should at least consider the advise given here.

Absolutely. It is a great environment to learn in. And I even suggest
it to my students. I do warn them, however, to not jump in without
lurking a while, to learn the posting conventions, and to have a thick
skin. I must have gotten through to them as I don't see any of my
students here asking dumb questions.

I have also developed my skills through reading this group. I followed
the "rules" and lurked for a good long while before ever posting, then
asked one person that I came to respect to look at some of my work. I
got a very good critical review that pointed out several problems which
I have since learned to do more correctly. I'm far from an expert but
have learned enough to teach the basics and I'm learning more and more
each day hanging out around here.

I'm going to learn even more this semester as I work through developing
a more advanced web developement course this semester (starts tonight).
I'm telling the students up front that we'll be learning this advanced
stuff together. I've done some javascript but not used flash or much
multimedia stuff. As I told my students at the end of last semester:
"This semester, I taught you the basic "rules" (recommendations) of
HTML. Next semester, we'll break all the rules."

Cooordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
'94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) :( http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg