where does Python stand?

Josiah Carlson

Look. If you want to use Python to write your application, use Python.
Python CGI will work just fine. You say you know how to use Python
and CGI, so use it.

If you want to spend your time learning another language that /may/ be
better suited for the task, then learn PHP.

Honestly, I don't think you are capable of writing this gallery
software, because you can't even decide what language to write it in.
People have offered both Python and PHP more than a few times, and you
haven't even bothered to listen to anyone.

I'm no longer going to reply to this thread. Good bye and good luck.
- Josiah

Ben

Then maybe the first thing that you shouldn't say is that you now
Python,Java,JavaScript, C, C++ if the only thing you know is the names
of this languages.

Sorry but this is some kind of fucking marketing rhetorik. If you
really now at least one of them your postings would be much different.
Nobody has a problem with newbies here, but the people who say they
know a lot but don't do it in reality are not very welcome - nowhere.

Yeah, then there can't be any communication :) That would save a lot
of time of people who know but are not quite ready to share their
knowledge with people... No one is forcing anyone to reply... Talking
about reality- the reality I saw can be entirely different from
reality seen by Mr. A and Mr. B.. There is no such thing like reality
that fits into everybody's lives. Reality is much bigger than Python,
ASP, and PHP :) So where does Python stand in this "vague" reality
(that was my initial query!!!)

Lets not pollute this wonderful group with out-of-topic messages. If
you wanna talk about this, please email me...

Ben

Max M

Lothar Scholz wrote:

Sorry but this is some kind of fucking marketing rhetorik.

That could probably have come across somewhat friendlier... This group
has allways been nice and polite. Please let's keep it like that.

regards Max M

Paul Prescod

Y2KYZFR1 said:
Actually PHP can be used as a stand alone general scripting language,
just like Python can. Python is much more powerful though.

This is true in theory but it is very rare in practice to use PHP in a
project that has nothing to do with web templating.

Paul Prescod

Ben

Josiah Carlson said:
Honestly, I don't think you are capable of writing this gallery
software, because you can't even decide what language to write it in.
People have offered both Python and PHP more than a few times, and you
haven't even bothered to listen to anyone.

Yes, I can't decide... That's why I'm posting!! If I knew everything,
I'd not be posting here... And I am listening to people for their
valuable suggestions... You are losing a point here.. And I am capable
of writing this "gallery software" due to the fact that I got some
nice replies from this post.. :)
I'm no longer going to reply to this thread. Good bye and good luck.

Fair enough... I don't need you to reply if you can't even understand
why I'm posting here.. I'm posting because I wanna know and learn...
If people can't cheer up someone who is willing to know something,
then there is no need to reply.. That will save a lot of time... Thank
you!

Ben

Y2KYZFR1

Paul Prescod said:
This is true in theory but it is very rare in practice to use PHP in a
project that has nothing to do with web templating.

Paul Prescod

funny there are lots of PRACTICAL examples of using PHP standalone on SourceForge!