Where doesn't everyone BUY/SELL PC's/Macs?????

vilebuzz

I sell on ebay alot and I'm starting to search online to find other
options to sell computers. What I mainly do is buy used desktops and
upgrade them w/ better/newer parts for resale. But do to ebays
overwhelming fees racking up every month I've started to look else
where. I have since found a site called usfreeads that I have an
account w/ thats working fairly well for me as a seller (
http://www.usfreeads.com/_electronics/?affid=18156 ) , it works similar
to ebay but as classifieds rather than auctions, so you can negotiate
with sellers on prices which helps you to get more contacts, but I'm
trying to find out where everyone else is buying/selling at other than
ebay, any recomendations?

Jim

(e-mail address removed) came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a
moment ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:
I sell on ebay alot and I'm starting to search online to find other
options to sell computers. What I mainly do is buy used desktops and
upgrade them w/ better/newer parts for resale. But do to ebays
overwhelming fees racking up every month I've started to look else
where. I have since found a site called usfreeads that I have an
account w/ thats working fairly well for me as a seller (
http://www.usfreeads.com/_electronics/?affid=18156 ) , it works similar
to ebay but as classifieds rather than auctions, so you can negotiate
with sellers on prices which helps you to get more contacts, but I'm
trying to find out where everyone else is buying/selling at other than
ebay, any recomendations?

I found a startup recently that runs along the same lines as eBay -only
their fees only apply on closure of sale, unlike eBay who charge listing
fees whether or not there is closure on the sale.

http://www.ebid.co.uk/

Their main line, as it were, is books and collectibles, but they do have a
dedicated PC section, you may find interesting stuff there.

HTH

--
-*- Linux: Because restarts are for upgrades.
-*- Some people are like Slinkies; they serve no specific purpose,
but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-*- Linux Desktops & Clustering Solutions -*- http://dotware.co.uk
-*- Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org
-*- Microsoft XP is like a box of chocolates. You never know when the steel
bolts are going to spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks...
-*- We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
-*- Contemplating Knife -*- Which end do the bullets go in again?
-*- I can't wait to get to heaven and meet seventy virgins - I've yet to
meet *one* on *Earth*!
-*- For sale: one (1) Fender Phantom air guitar. £500 ONO
-*- For sale: one (1) Italian WWII bolt-action rifle. .303cal, never fired,
only dropped once. Offers.
-*- Hit every key to continue.
-*- "What sort of candle is this?" "Dee-nah-meetay. Must be Italian."
-*- Smell that? You smell that? Penguins, son. Nothing in the world smells
like that. I love the smell of penguins in the morning. You know, one
time we had an early shift, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked
up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' XP license. The smell,
you know that penguin smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Someday this war's gonna end...
-*- Q: What's got a hundred balls and fscks rabbits?
A: A shotgun.
-*- When I awoke this morning,
So happy to be born.
A robin perched upon my sill,
to herald in the dawn.
A bright and young gay chap was he,
he whistled such a lull.
So I gently closed the window,
and crushed his tiny skull...
-*- That's it. No more coffee for *that* man!