where in dreamweaver I cansee the list of color codes

Guest

I am trying to change the background color on a webpage I am assuming "bg
color" is the code. I am also wondering where in dreamweaver I can access
the list of color codes eg FFFFFFF or OOOOOO

Guest

also if I had several html web pages all with the same background color,
back ground image etc is there a short cut or way to edit all these html
files at once when I edit one?

dingbat

Learn some trivial CSS

Put this CSS in an external stylesheet

Share that same stylesheet between pages

dingbat

No _don't_ use friggin' templates !

If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
style sites properly.

SamMan

No _don't_ use friggin' templates !

If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
style sites properly.

Templates are a very useful tool to keep people from mucking about where
they shouldn't. We had to resort to this because one of our static
developers (now off the team, but still just as dangerous) with 10+ years of
web dev would mess pages up so bad that it took other team members a good
part of a day to get them back. Templates minimized the damage...

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, SamMan quothed:
Templates are a very useful tool to keep people from mucking about where
they shouldn't. We had to resort to this because one of our static
developers (now off the team, but still just as dangerous) with 10+ years of
web dev would mess pages up so bad that it took other team members a good
part of a day to get them back. Templates minimized the damage...

I thought templates were the kind you throw away after a meal.

Travis Newbury

If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.

So only you can sugest the right answer?
Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
style sites properly.

Some people might want a crutch.

dingbat

If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
So only you can sugest the right answer?

Of course not ! Other people may agree with me :cool: