    I am trying to change the background color on a webpage I am assuming "bg
    color" is the code. I am also wondering where in dreamweaver I can access
    the list of color codes eg FFFFFFF or OOOOOO

    Nospam, Aug 4, 2005

  2. Nospam

    Nospam Guest

    also if I had several html web pages all with the same background color,
    back ground image etc is there a short cut or way to edit all these html
    files at once when I edit one?

    Nospam, Aug 4, 2005

  3. Nospam

    Guest

    Learn some trivial CSS

    Put this CSS in an external stylesheet

    Share that same stylesheet between pages

    , Aug 4, 2005
  4. <> wrote in message
    > Learn some trivial CSS
    >
    > Put this CSS in an external stylesheet
    >
    > Share that same stylesheet between pages

    and use templates

    Hunter Elliott, Aug 4, 2005
  5. Nospam

    Guest

    No _don't_ use friggin' templates !

    If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
    Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
    style sites properly.

    , Aug 4, 2005
  6. Nospam

    Guest

    , Aug 4, 2005
  7. Nospam

    SamMan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > No _don't_ use friggin' templates !
    >
    > If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
    > Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
    > style sites properly.

    Templates are a very useful tool to keep people from mucking about where
    they shouldn't. We had to resort to this because one of our static
    developers (now off the team, but still just as dangerous) with 10+ years of
    web dev would mess pages up so bad that it took other team members a good
    part of a day to get them back. Templates minimized the damage...

    --
    SamMan
    Rip it to reply

    SamMan, Aug 4, 2005
  8. Nospam

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, SamMan quothed:

    > Templates are a very useful tool to keep people from mucking about where
    > they shouldn't. We had to resort to this because one of our static
    > developers (now off the team, but still just as dangerous) with 10+ years of
    > web dev would mess pages up so bad that it took other team members a good
    > part of a day to get them back. Templates minimized the damage...

    I thought templates were the kind you throw away after a meal.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 5, 2005
  9. wrote:
    > If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.

    So only you can sugest the right answer?

    > Templates are some DW hack as a crutch for people who don't learn to
    > style sites properly.

    Some people might want a crutch.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Aug 5, 2005
  10. Nospam

    Guest

    > > If templates were the right answer, I'd have suggested that to the OP.
    >
    > So only you can sugest the right answer?

    Of course not ! Other people may agree with me :cool:

    , Aug 5, 2005