Where is JDK 1.7_15 going on Mac

Jan Burse

Dear All,

The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Bye

Lew

Jan said:
The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

S ls -l $(which java)
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 Dec 12 11:01 /usr/bin/java@ -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
$ ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/

markspace

Dear All,

The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Brenden>where java
C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe

Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
get the idea.

Lew

markspace said:
Jan said:
The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

For when your Mac is running Windows.

Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to repeat the information in the body of their post.
C:\Users\Brenden>where java
C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe

Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
get the idea.

Java 6u41 is the current Java 6. Yours is woefully behind, and missing patches for several
infamous security issues.

Jan Burse

Jan said:
Dear All,

The auto installer said it just installed
JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
going, where do I find the .jars etc?

Bye

I helped myself by installing JDK 1.7.0_15 fresh.

Simply jdk-7u15-macosx-x64.dmg from here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

I could then clearly see the path:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_15.jdk/Contents/Home

The above path was not there after the auto updater.

I could also see the version on the command line:
$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_15"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

The above info was not shown after the auto updater.

Bye

Jan Burse

Lew said:
Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
repeat the information in the body of their post.

Corr.:
Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
repeat the information in the body of his post.

OP my ass.

Lew

Jan said:
lipska said:
Jan said:
Lew schrieb:
Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
repeat the information in the body of their post.
Corr. [sic]:
Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
repeat the information in the body of his post.

OP my ass.

Jeez, dude, take a chill pill.
Yes I know. Habits from stackoverflow etc.
meta-forum adapted to non-meta forum. I
don't approve these bad habits.

What "bad habits"? "OP" has been around as an abbreviation on Usenet
since forever.

As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

Jan Burse

Lew said:
As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

Joerg Meier

Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

Do you have some weird issues you are trying to talk about ? You are acting
as if you were attacked somehow, when you absolutely weren't (until you
started making an ass of yourself).

Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would still be
no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
derogatory.

Liebe Gruesse,
Joerg

Jan Burse

Joerg said:
Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would still be
no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
derogatory.

Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..

But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
Sure not to be called OP.

I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

Bye

Lars Enderin

2013-02-20 22:25, Jan Burse skrev:
Corr.Corr.:
I don't mourn that it is derogartory. It is just lazy

You are being ridiculous, and what do you mean by "mourn" here?

Gene Wirchenko

Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..

But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
Sure not to be called OP.

So? One reason to use "OP" is because one is not sure which
pronoun to use. Your name is an example of this. "Jan" is both a
male name and a female name.
I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

Nope. It is useful.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Arne Vajhøj

Corr.:
Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
repeat the information in the body of his post.

OP my ass.

OP = Original Poster

is a common acrononym on usenet.

Actually I don't like it either, but that does not
make it uncommon.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..

But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
Sure not to be called OP.

I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

I don't think Lew used OP to save a single keystroke.

It is simply a way to refer to the person that started the
thread without having to consider whether there are multiple
people with the same first name or whether the used name
is really a name etc..

I would prefer to write out "original poster" or use
real name in most cases, but the "OP" is widely used
on usenet.

Arne