    JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
    going, where do I find the .jars etc?

    Bye
    Jan Burse, Feb 19, 2013

  2. Jan Burse

    Lew Guest

    Jan Burse wrote:
    > The auto installer said it just installed
    > JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
    > going, where do I find the .jars etc?

    S ls -l $(which java)
    lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 74 Dec 12 11:01 /usr/bin/java@ -> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
    $ ls -l /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/

    Lew
    Build a man a fire and you warm him for an hour.
    Set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life.
    Lew, Feb 19, 2013

  3. Jan Burse

    markspace Guest

    On 2/19/2013 1:04 PM, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > The auto installer said it just installed
    > JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
    > going, where do I find the .jars etc?

    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    C:\Users\Brenden>where java
    C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
    c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe

    Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
    get the idea.
    markspace, Feb 19, 2013
  4. Jan Burse

    Lew Guest

    markspace wrote:
    > Jan Burse wrote:
    >> The auto installer said it just installed
    >> JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
    >> going, where do I find the .jars etc?

    > Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    > Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

    For when your Mac is running Windows.

    Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to repeat the information in the body of their post.

    > C:\Users\Brenden>where java
    > C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
    > c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe
    >
    > Hmm, not sure why that's Java 6, I might have to check my path. But you
    > get the idea.

    Java 6u41 is the current Java 6. Yours is woefully behind, and missing patches for several
    infamous security issues.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Feb 19, 2013
  5. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Jan Burse schrieb:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > The auto installer said it just installed
    > JDK 1.7_15 on my machnine. But where is it
    > going, where do I find the .jars etc?
    >
    > Bye

    I helped myself by installing JDK 1.7.0_15 fresh.

    Simply jdk-7u15-macosx-x64.dmg from here:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

    I could then clearly see the path:
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_15.jdk/Contents/Home

    The above path was not there after the auto updater.

    I could also see the version on the command line:
    $ java -version
    java version "1.7.0_15"
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)

    The above info was not shown after the auto updater.

    Bye
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  6. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Lew schrieb:
    > Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
    > repeat the information in the body of their post.

    Corr.:
    Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
    repeat the information in the body of his post.

    OP my ass.
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  7. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    lipska the kat schrieb:
    > On 20/02/13 08:05, Jan Burse wrote:
    >> Lew schrieb:
    >>> Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
    >>> repeat the information in the body of their post.

    >> Corr.:
    >> Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
    >> repeat the information in the body of his post.
    >>
    >> OP my ass.

    > OP stands for 'Original Poster'

    Yes I know. Habits from stackoverflow etc.
    meta-forum adapted to non-meta forum. I
    don't approve these bad habits.

    http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/grumpy-cat-04.jpg
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  8. Jan Burse

    Lew Guest

    Jan Burse wrote:
    > lipska the kat schrieb:
    >> Jan Burse wrote:

    >>> Corr. [sic]:
    >>> Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
    >>> repeat the information in the body of his post.
    >>>
    >>> OP my ass.

    Jeez, dude, take a chill pill.

    >> OP stands for 'Original Poster'

    > Yes I know. Habits from stackoverflow etc.
    > meta-forum adapted to non-meta forum. I
    > don't approve these bad habits.

    What "bad habits"? "OP" has been around as an abbreviation on Usenet
    since forever.

    > http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/grumpy-cat-04.jpg

    As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
    like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Feb 20, 2013
  9. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Lew schrieb:
    > As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
    > like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

    Hey NOP, don't call me OP.
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  10. Jan Burse

    Daniel Pitts Guest

    On 2/20/13 8:48 AM, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Lew schrieb:
    >> As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
    >> like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

    > Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

    Wow, the term OP is useful and has been around on Usenet since before
    the WWW was mainstream. It's not a pejorative.
    Daniel Pitts, Feb 20, 2013
  11. Jan Burse

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:48:19 +0100, Jan Burse wrote:

    > Lew schrieb:
    >> As the OP, you get to have your on-topic points addressed. If you don't
    >> like "OP" as an abbreviation, go somewhere where it's not common.

    > Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

    Do you have some weird issues you are trying to talk about ? You are acting
    as if you were attacked somehow, when you absolutely weren't (until you
    started making an ass of yourself).

    Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
    has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
    alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would still be
    no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
    but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
    derogatory.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.
    Joerg Meier, Feb 20, 2013
  12. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Joerg Meier schrieb:
    > Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
    > has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
    > alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would still be
    > no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
    > but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
    > derogatory.

    Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
    or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..

    But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
    Sure not to be called OP.

    I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
    of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

    Bye
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  13. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Jan Burse schrieb:
    > I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy

    Corr.:
    derogatory, disrespectful, pejorative, etc.. you name it.
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  14. Jan Burse

    Jan Burse Guest

    Jan Burse schrieb:
    > Jan Burse schrieb:
    >> I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy

    > Corr.:
    > derogatory, disrespectful, pejorative, etc.. you name it.

    Corr.Corr.:
    I don't mourn that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
    Jan Burse, Feb 20, 2013
  15. Jan Burse

    Lars Enderin Guest

    2013-02-20 22:25, Jan Burse skrev:
    > Jan Burse schrieb:
    >> Jan Burse schrieb:
    >>> I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy

    >> Corr.:
    >> derogatory, disrespectful, pejorative, etc.. you name it.

    > Corr.Corr.:
    > I don't mourn that it is derogartory. It is just lazy

    You are being ridiculous, and what do you mean by "mourn" here?

    --
    Lars Enderin
    Lars Enderin, Feb 20, 2013
  16. On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:18:55 +0100, Jan Burse <>
    wrote:

    >Joerg Meier schrieb:
    >> Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
    >> has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
    >> alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would still be
    >> no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
    >> but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
    >> derogatory.

    >Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
    >or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..
    >
    >But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
    >Sure not to be called OP.

    So? One reason to use "OP" is because one is not sure which
    pronoun to use. Your name is an example of this. "Jan" is both a
    male name and a female name.

    >I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
    >of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

    Nope. It is useful.

    Sincerely,

    Gene Wirchenko
    Gene Wirchenko, Feb 21, 2013
  17. Jan Burse

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 2/20/2013 3:05 AM, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Lew schrieb:
    >> Not your fault, really, as the OP neglected to
    >> repeat the information in the body of their post.

    > Corr.:
    > Not your fault, really, as Jan neglected to
    > repeat the information in the body of his post.
    >
    > OP my ass.

    OP = Original Poster

    is a common acrononym on usenet.

    Actually I don't like it either, but that does not
    make it uncommon.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 22, 2013
  18. Jan Burse

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 2/20/2013 1:53 PM, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Daniel Pitts schrieb:
    >>>
    >>> Hey NOP, don't call me OP.

    >> Wow, the term OP is useful and has been around on Usenet since before
    >> the WWW was mainstream. It's not a pejorative.

    > Hey OP+4, I am talking to OP+1.

    Those are not common.

    Not even useful.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 22, 2013
  19. Jan Burse

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 2/20/2013 4:18 PM, Jan Burse wrote:
    > Joerg Meier schrieb:
    >> Referring to the original poster of a thread as the OP is something that
    >> has been around since before there was such a thing as web forums, let
    >> alone stackoverflow. But even if it had come from SO, there would
    >> still be
    >> no reason for your baselessly hostile reaction to a term that is nothing
    >> but descriptive, and by no stretch of the imagination could be considered
    >> derogatory.

    > Well you can call an employee working in a bank a clerk,
    > or a stewerdess from an airplane, etc..
    >
    > But why on earth do I use a plain e-mail for posting here?
    > Sure not to be called OP.
    >
    > I don't murne that it is derogartory. It is just lazy
    > of OP+1 (i.e. Lew, I am not that lazy) to use OP.

    I don't think Lew used OP to save a single keystroke.

    It is simply a way to refer to the person that started the
    thread without having to consider whether there are multiple
    people with the same first name or whether the used name
    is really a name etc..

    I would prefer to write out "original poster" or use
    real name in most cases, but the "OP" is widely used
    on usenet.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Feb 22, 2013