    that confirms my verbal explanations.

    Thanks,
    Siegfried

    Siegfried Heintze, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Siegfried Heintze

    Bruce Barker Guest

    its not necessary. asp.net will shadow copy all dll's from your bin to the
    temp. to find the accessdb, use server.mappath

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Siegfried Heintze

    Jason Kester Guest

    Actually, all the documentation you need is contained in the error
    message. You personally never need to touch that folder. Only the
    ASPNET account needs access to it, and if you're using shared hosting
    you can be assured that they will set it up for you.

    Jason Kester
    Expat Software Consulting Services
    http://www.expatsoftware.com/

    ---
    Get your own Travel Blog, with itinerary maps and photos!
    http://www.blogabond.com/

    Jason Kester, Oct 25, 2005
  4. Well, OK. The error message says:
    "C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/root/" access denied." when I try to open an MSAccess database.

    I wish I had the stack trace handy. So what do I do when I get this
    error message? I know one thing that works: grant access to that
    directory! It is just difficult to convince third party hosting services
    to do this because they are concerned that this is a security
    compromise.

    But are you telling me there is a better solution?

    Siegfried

    Siegfried Heintze, Oct 25, 2005
  5. Siegfried Heintze

    Jason Kester Guest

    Exactly

    If you have a shared ASP.NET hosting provider that refuses to grant the
    ASPNET account the privileges it needs to function, I'd suggest you
    drop them. That's what that account is for. That's basically ALL it
    needs access to!

    Jason Kester, Oct 25, 2005
  6. Siegfried Heintze

    Socrates Demise

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Ok but what about this?
    The problem in my case is not permissions related, I looked... ASPNET has plenty of access... the problem as far as i can tell is that the folder was never created... I look in the /root and there are other folders but not the one that it is looking for here...

    I have also tried creating the folder, I get a problem with hash.web if i do.

    (I even tried opeining the folder up to Everybody - Full control, to no avail...)

    Any ideas on this would be most helpful.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\34a2bf68\7ff35194" is denied.

    Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\34a2bf68\7ff35194" is denied.

    ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\34a2bf68\7ff35194" is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +360
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +600
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +180
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +85
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +97
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation() +91
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +148
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +120
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +36
    System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String path) +44
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +699
    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +95
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    Socrates Demise, Jul 17, 2006
  7. Siegfried Heintze

    kenducharme

    Joined:
    May 5, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Had the same problem

    Finally I looked in IIS Manager and saw that there was no name in the Application box so I hit "Remove" then "Create" and it started working.

    kenducharme, May 5, 2007