    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Michael Neumann

    David Ross Guest

    Give me time to track him down :)
    I can find it.

    ----------------------------------
    -- David Ross
    -- Phone: 865.539.3798
    -- Email: drossruby [at] yahoo.com
    ----------------------------------

    http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    David Ross, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Michael Neumann

    Robert Feldt Guest

    Michael Neumann wrote:

    > Hi,

    Hi Michael,

    > Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
    > Robert Feldt?

    Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
    should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
    haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
    still here... ;)

    I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
    time cause this is way back...

    Regards,

    Robert
    Robert Feldt, Aug 13, 2004
  4. David Ross wrote:
    > Give me time to track him down :)
    > I can find it.

    Uhm, yeah... too late.... it wrote it myself in 10 minutes ;-)

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Aug 13, 2004
  5. Robert Feldt wrote:
    > Michael Neumann wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    >> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
    >> Robert Feldt?
    >>

    > Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
    > should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
    > haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
    > still here... ;)
    >
    > I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
    > time cause this is way back...

    Thanks! I guess, it wasn't that much of code anyway. My version is only
    15 loc. But I may have forgotten important things in my implementation.

    See the bottom of this page:

    http://www.ntecs.de/blog/Blog/PerformanceQuantenSprung.rdoc

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Aug 13, 2004
  6. Michael Neumann

    David Ross Guest

    His pages are completely gone from the university
    servers. I might have to call him to get his code. All
    code is important. What is important not wether the
    code is complete, not what the license is (*I dont
    care if it says you can't use the ideas of the
    software). Programming in general is about code
    evolution.

    I will have to call him. I hope he speaks good
    English. :)

    ----------------------------------
    -- Name: David Ross

    David Ross, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Michael Neumann

    David Ross Guest

    hahahaahha

    Why in the world did you ask then? --David Ross

    David Ross, Aug 13, 2004
  8. Michael Neumann

    David Ross Guest

    Was about to give you a call. I am glad you mailed the
    mailing list :)

    ----------------------------------

    David Ross, Aug 13, 2004
  9. On 2004-08-13 22:16:56 +0900, Robert Feldt wrote:
    > Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
    > should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
    > haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
    > still here... ;)

    I've just found Version 0.1.2 on my harddisk:

    http://www.ping.de/~flori/memoize-0-1-2.tar.gz

    > I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
    > time cause this is way back...

    "Only wimps use tape backup: real men just upload their important stuff
    on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"
    -- Linus Torvalds

    --
    c=gets;s=c[0,2].to_i;x="dsfd;kfoA,.iyewrkldJKDHSUB";puts (1...(c.size/2)).
    inject(""){|p,i|p<<(c[2*i,2].to_i(16)^x[(s+=1)&&s-1])}
    Florian Frank, Aug 13, 2004
  10. David Ross wrote:
    > hahahaahha
    >
    > Why in the world did you ask then? --David Ross

    I wrote the email before switching on my mind ;-) Sorry.

    No really, I though it was a bit more complicated to write "memoize",
    and that there's more involved (probably there are issues I don't know of).

    Regards,

    Michael
    Michael Neumann, Aug 13, 2004
  11. On Friday, August 13, 2004, 10:21:32 PM, Michael wrote:

    > Hi,

    > Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
    > Robert Feldt?

    > BTW, would be a nice addition to RubyGems and RPA, and/or addlib.

    It will certainly be the basis for an addlib lib one day :)

    Gavin
    Gavin Sinclair, Aug 13, 2004
  12. Robert Feldt <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Michael Neumann wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > > Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
    > > Robert Feldt?
    > >

    > Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
    > should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
    > haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
    > still here... ;)
    >
    > I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
    > time cause this is way back...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Robert

    I have a copy of it laying around my hard drive if anyone is
    interested.

    Robert, I sent you an email with it attached - hopefully it didn't end
    up in the junk folder. :)

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Aug 14, 2004
  13. Michael Neumann

    Robert Feldt Guest

    Michael Neumann wrote:

    > Robert Feldt wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Neumann wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>

    >> Hi Michael,
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know where I can download the memoize module written by
    >>> Robert Feldt?
    >>>

    >> Hmm, seems that my old employer finally decided to scrap my data; I
    >> should have prepared for the day I guess but on the other hand they
    >> haven't touched it for one and a half year and the email account is
    >> still here... ;)
    >>
    >> I'll try to check for some old copy in backup, but it might take some
    >> time cause this is way back...

    > Thanks! I guess, it wasn't that much of code anyway. My version is
    > only 15 loc. But I may have forgotten important things in my
    > implementation.
    >
    > See the bottom of this page:
    >
    > http://www.ntecs.de/blog/Blog/PerformanceQuantenSprung.rdoc

    Yeah, it's nice. My solution is older and thus didn't use some of the
    new fancy stuff like define_method so is rather bloated. I also use
    separate caches for each class so that multiple methods with same name
    can be memoized, and allow different caching policies (BoundedLRUCache
    etc), but it's easy to extend your solution to cover that...

    I'll try to find a new home for the old package (and update RAA and
    other links to it) just in case...

    Regards,

    Robert
    Robert Feldt, Aug 14, 2004
  14. Michael Neumann

    David Ross Guest

    > Yeah, it's nice. My solution is older and thus
    > didn't use some of the
    > new fancy stuff like define_method so is rather
    > bloated. I also use
    > separate caches for each class so that multiple
    > methods with same name
    > can be memoized, and allow different caching
    > policies (BoundedLRUCache
    > etc), but it's easy to extend your solution to cover
    > that...

    It doesn't matter if it is slower, bloated, or doesn't
    use new features. Others can learn from the code, even
    if it is not currently the most efficient.

    Knowledge evolution. :)

    David Ross, Aug 14, 2004