Where is Reference.vb in VB 2005?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nab, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. Nab

    Nab Guest

    Can someone please tell me how to access the proxy class in VB 2005 once a
    web reference is created. In the previous version of VB (VB .Net) this was
    Reference.vb

    Many thanks for any suggestions.
    --
    UK
     
    Nab, Nov 21, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Nab

    Dale Guest

    VS2005 creates the Reference.vb file and stores it in the WebReferences
    folder just like VS2003; it just doesn't add it to the Project Explorer view
    in VS2005. You can browse to the file manually.

    Dale

    --
    Dale Preston
    MCAD C#
    MCSE, MCDBA


    "Nab" wrote:

    > Can someone please tell me how to access the proxy class in VB 2005 once a
    > web reference is created. In the previous version of VB (VB .Net) this was
    > Reference.vb
    >
    > Many thanks for any suggestions.
    > --
    > UK
     
    Dale, Nov 22, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Nab

    Nab Guest

    It would help if you could tell where it is...as I have no idea where to look
    for it! I need to open it and type this line of code in it:
    Me.Credentials =System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials

    Thanks for your help.
    --
    UK


    "Dale" wrote:

    > VS2005 creates the Reference.vb file and stores it in the WebReferences
    > folder just like VS2003; it just doesn't add it to the Project Explorer view
    > in VS2005. You can browse to the file manually.
    >
    > Dale
    >
    > --
    > Dale Preston
    > MCAD C#
    > MCSE, MCDBA
    >
    >
    > "Nab" wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone please tell me how to access the proxy class in VB 2005 once a
    > > web reference is created. In the previous version of VB (VB .Net) this was
    > > Reference.vb
    > >
    > > Many thanks for any suggestions.
    > > --
    > > UK
     
    Nab, Nov 23, 2006
    #3
  4. Nab

    Dale Guest

    You can open the file a couple ways. Double click the reference in your
    project opens it in Object Explorer. Doubleclick an object in the class from
    within Object Explorer should open the class file.

    Otherwise, browse to your project folder, and look under the Web References
    folder. There should be another folder named for your web reference. In
    that folder is the Reference.vb.
    --
    Dale Preston
    MCAD C#
    MCSE, MCDBA


    "Nab" wrote:

    > It would help if you could tell where it is...as I have no idea where to look
    > for it! I need to open it and type this line of code in it:
    > Me.Credentials =System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    > --
    > UK
    >
    >
    > "Dale" wrote:
    >
    > > VS2005 creates the Reference.vb file and stores it in the WebReferences
    > > folder just like VS2003; it just doesn't add it to the Project Explorer view
    > > in VS2005. You can browse to the file manually.
    > >
    > > Dale
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dale Preston
    > > MCAD C#
    > > MCSE, MCDBA
    > >
    > >
    > > "Nab" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Can someone please tell me how to access the proxy class in VB 2005 once a
    > > > web reference is created. In the previous version of VB (VB .Net) this was
    > > > Reference.vb
    > > >
    > > > Many thanks for any suggestions.
    > > > --
    > > > UK
     
    Dale, Nov 23, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.

Share This Page