    object.
    But it wrong.
    Where is the authentication data stored?

    ad, Jan 22, 2006

  2. >I used think the authentication data of login controls is stored in Session
    >object.
    > But it wrong.
    > Where is the authentication data stored?

    most probably in a cookie.

    Wiktor Zychla

    Wiktor Zychla [C# MVP], Jan 22, 2006

  3. It should be stored in a FormsAuthentication Ticket cookie on the user's
    browser. The information is then available through the
    HttpContext.Current.User

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage