Where is the proper place to change the column names?

craigkenisston

Im trying to make an application using all the out of the box stuff for
data displaying. Using (or trying to) use a BLL and DLL.
Now, in my database, the tables and columns have names like these:

Table TBL01_PRODUCT
Col PRD_CODE
Col PRD_NAME
etc, etc

What I mean, they are cryptic, not friendly names.
Now when I use the DetailsView or the FormView I get those ugly names
being displayed by default.
Where is the proper place to go and manually rename these column names
to something friendly?
Seems all wires are magically connected and can't find a place to do
this manipulation.

TIA

craigkenisston

Let me clarify a bit more:

In the details view, in the fields, each field has a HeaderText
property. I can change it here, but if I change it here, it will only
apply to this form, and I'd like a solution that helps me every place I
use the same data layers.

Now, on the dataset, each column has a "Caption" column which by its
name seems its exactly what Im looking for, however is not.
If I change the caption in some of my columns and recreate the
detailsview, I still get the ugly names directly from the database.

So, what to do ?

TIA

craigkenisston

Isn't there a solution for this ?
What do you usually do ?

Just note I can't change the database nor the stored procedures, I'm
looking for an asp.net solution.