Where is the settings for "place code in separate file"

Michael

Hi
When I New a web site, the default coding
model is code-separation. I can uncheck
the "place code in separate file" checkbox when
I add a new WebForm, and VS2005 will remember
this setting.

I'm wondering where does VS2005 store the
settings for "place code in separate file"?

I searched my harddisk but coundn't find it.
Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

Christopher Reed

When you check the box "place code in separate file", this will create a
code-behind file for you. For example, if your ASPX file is webform.aspx
and you're using C#, then your code-behind file will be webform.aspx.cs.

When you uncheck this box, there is no code-behind file. It is expected
that you will be using a server script block for your coding within the ASPX
file.

Hope this helps!

Mark Fitzpatrick

In the registry somewhere under the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/VisualStudio/8.0 node collection

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Michael

Ok, I got it!
It's not in registry. It is in the file Attributes.xml located in
Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\
Microsoft\WebsiteCache\

Look WebSites.xml first, find the folder for the Web site, then
view the Attributes.xml in that folder and find "subtype" attributes.