    dose this cause any round trip.
    It has a runat=server property, but I noticed that the validation
    almost occurs the same time when I click the submit button.

    baroque Chou, Jan 24, 2006

  2. baroque Chou

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "baroque Chou" <> wrote in news:1138086002.933650.60880
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > I am using validation controls for input validation, but I would like
    > to know whether the validation occurs at client side or server side,
    > dose this cause any round trip.

    It happens on both client and server side.

    First client side is checked - if passed, then server side validation is
    done.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Boycott StarForce!
    http://www.glop.org/starforce

    Spam Catcher, Jan 24, 2006

  3. baroque Chou

    baroque Chou Guest

    so ,if it isn't passed, then won't cause any roundtrip, in other words.
    no occupation of bandwith or any cost of server performance. because I
    am handle a web site suppose to have a great number customer, the
    performance is a key point to my decision.

    baroque Chou, Jan 24, 2006
  4. baroque Chou

    Spam Catcher Guest

    "baroque Chou" <> wrote in news:1138088658.523342.220570
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > so ,if it isn't passed, then won't cause any roundtrip, in other words.
    > no occupation of bandwith or any cost of server performance. because I
    > am handle a web site suppose to have a great number customer, the
    > performance is a key point to my decision.

    Exactly - if validation is failed, the postback is canceled.

    You can even write your own custom client side scripting using the Custom
    Validator.

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Boycott StarForce!
    http://www.glop.org/starforce

    Spam Catcher, Jan 24, 2006
  5. baroque Chou

    Peter Blum Guest

    I wrote an article that offers details on this subject and other common
    questions with validators: http://aspalliance.com/699.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: