Where is the "Web Application Stress Tool (Homer) by Microsoft"

Bob Barrows

Dooza said:
That page works for me, but first wants me to install Silverlight
before it lets me download anything.
Really? You can't just cancel the Silverlight message? If not, then MS
has made a radical change in their policy. Up till now, the Silverlight
dialog was a _suggestion_, not a requirement, and the basic
functionality of the pages that displayed that prompt still worked if
the prompt was cancelled. Let me go try it ...

It's not required. All I did was click the X to cancel the Silverlight
screen.

However, when I click the Download button, I get the MS "page requested
cannot be found" page. I believe this tool is no longer supported. I
think WCAT has supplanted it:
http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/a...mance-and-scalability-test-tool-released.aspx

Dooza

Bob said:
Really? You can't just cancel the Silverlight message? If not, then MS
has made a radical change in their policy. Up till now, the Silverlight
dialog was a _suggestion_, not a requirement, and the basic
functionality of the pages that displayed that prompt still worked if
the prompt was cancelled. Let me go try it ...

It's not required. All I did was click the X to cancel the Silverlight
screen.

How odd, I must have missed that, but now it doesn't offer it at all,
and just goes to a search page.

Dooza