    I could write my own (and maybe that would answer my question), but
    I'm lazy, or busy, or something.

    Aaron

    Aaron Graham, Jun 20, 2008

  2. On Jun 20, 5:03 pm, Aaron Graham <> wrote:
    > I realize this question more appropriately belongs on gnu.gcc, but I
    > always have trouble getting answers there.
    >
    > The current C++0x implementation is very incomplete in gcc 4.3.0, I
    > know, but I find it strange that unique_ptr is missing, especially
    > since auto_ptr is already spewing warnings about being deprecated. As
    > far as I can tell, all features required for the correct
    > implementation of unique_ptr are available.
    >
    > I could write my own (and maybe that would answer my question), but
    > I'm lazy, or busy, or something.
    >
    > Aaron

    It looks like unique_ptr is in mainline - i.e. gcc-4.4 which you would
    get by bootstrapping gcc from a snapshot or from a checkout of head.
    See gcc.gnu.org for details.

    Otherwise, I think you might be able to grab code from bits/
    unique_ptr.h if your code is GPL.

    I don't think unique_ptr would be backported to gcc-4.3.* because it
    is an enhancement. You might ask on to see what
    the rules/plans are.

    Ed

    Ed Smith-Rowland, Jun 22, 2008