Where lightweight cheap JMS to MSMQ Bridges ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Jules, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Jules

    Jules Guest

    Hello

    We are looking for a lightweight solutions to integrate simple JMS
    Java Applications with lightweight MSMQ .NET Applications.
    Essentially lightweight MOM integration between .NET and Java.

    We are not building large scale Enterprise systems. And we use very
    lightweight MSMQ Private and Express MSMQ Messaging on Windows Pro
    Machines. On the Java side, we use the basic J2EE Reference edition,
    with its JMS.

    Basically we were hoping for a very cheap, or even free lightweight
    JMS/MSMQ bridge. However all the searches and queries assume
    Enterprise level solutions costing $1000's, because they have all the
    bells and whistles.

    So I guess the only option is to code it up ourselves. This would seem
    to involve developing .NET component and Java Trasnfer components to
    transfer through a technology independent mediuum like TCP/UDP
    sockets.

    I was hoping that many others would have had to resolve this problem,
    and would be offering very cheap solutions.

    Any Sugegstions, sample code etc would be welcome

    Many Thanks

    Jules

    Jules, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Jules

    paul brown Guest

    hi,

    i recently built a MSMQ/JMS bridge in work, for bridging J2EE and .NET.

    it's got a nice chat app; C# at one end, Java at the other to show it
    working

    check out www.spiritsoft.com ...

    they could arrange for the demo of the software to be sent out to you, or
    perhaps
    we could send you the software with an evaluation licence. they are into
    partnering
    and all sorts so i'm sure they can help you, somehow

    perhaps you could become a beta tester and get it for free. i don't know,
    you'll have to speak to a bean counter :)

    if you go to the website and contact someone, tell them Paul Brown sent you

    cheers,
    Paul

    paul brown, Jan 28, 2004

  3. Jules

    paul brown Guest

    Hi,

    By the way, the SpiritSoft's MSMQ/JMS bridge does not depend on a SpiritSoft
    JMS product.

    You could easily slot in the free JMS you are currently using.

    Thanks,
    Paul

    paul brown, Jan 28, 2004
  4. Jules

    Jules Guest

    OK

    Looks like we will be coding up our own solution. Back to Back .NEt
    and Java Applications, with queued MSMQ and JMS messaging
    respectively. The bridge between the Applications would hen be
    synchronous Web Services, since performance is not that critical.

    Jules

    Jules, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Jules

    thakre_iit

    Joined:
    May 28, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Hi
    Actually it is not so difficult to interact with MSMQ though java. I have done so many R&D on it.
    There is very cool approach to make c+ dll by using JNI concept in visual studio c++ 6.0.
    I have wrote so many dll on it and able to recieve the messages from MSMQ by using this dll in java class u will get String message and send it to JMS.
    If you need more infomration on it just mail me in and one more think everything is free.
    And one more think as per your requirement i can also create a dll wihtout any cast.

    thakre_iit, May 28, 2008
  6. Jules

    vezee

    Joined:
    Sep 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    ActiveMQ to MSMQ (one way) bridge

    Hello,

    i was looking for some way to configure one way forwarding bridge from ActiveMQ running on Solaris to MSMQ on windows.

    Any help would be appriciated.

    Thanks!
    -vezee

    vezee, Sep 9, 2009