    http://www.chronolabs.org.au/
    http://www.extraterrestrialembassy.com/
    http://www.shower.geek.nz/

    Simon, Dec 2, 2007

  2. Simon wrote:
    > Well when I was 12 I got my first 386, this was with a 28K modem which was
    > connected to ozemail. I reply to this usenet group then when people where
    > discussing what tags should be introduced to the next version of HTML, my
    > suggestion was the meta tag which was basically an abbrivation of the word
    > metaphysics.
    >
    > Funny enough as it is this meta tag from the mind of a child now exist in
    > all HTML documents and controls from my perspective the metaphysics of a
    > page. I have always posted under this name so maybe you can find it from 17
    > years ago, but alas the standards haven't changed, yahoo at least still use
    > it.

    Sorry, the use of the term "metadata" (not from "metaphysics"--rather,
    both words are based on the Greek-derived prefix "meta-") to refer to
    data *about* data predates the Internet.

    Harlan Messinger, Dec 2, 2007

  3. Simon

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 02 Dec 2007 07:28:42
    GMT Simon scribed:

    > Well when I was 12 I got my first 386, this was with a 28K modem which
    > was connected to ozemail. I reply to this usenet group then when
    > people where discussing what tags should be introduced to the next
    > version of HTML, my suggestion was the meta tag which was basically an
    > abbrivation of the word metaphysics.
    >
    > Funny enough as it is this meta tag from the mind of a child now exist
    > in all HTML documents and controls from my perspective the metaphysics
    > of a page. I have always posted under this name so maybe you can find
    > it from 17 years ago, but alas the standards haven't changed, yahoo at
    > least still use it.
    >
    > Oh well thanks for listening ;-)

    Somehow I think meta tags metastasized from other origins. But thanks for
    the meandering miasma of your immaterial memories.

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.

    Bone Ur, Dec 2, 2007
  4. Harlan Messinger wrote:
    > Simon wrote:
    >> Well when I was 12 I got my first 386, this was with a 28K modem which
    >> was connected to ozemail. I reply to this usenet group then when
    >> people where discussing what tags should be introduced to the next
    >> version of HTML, my suggestion was the meta tag which was basically an
    >> abbrivation of the word metaphysics.
    >>
    >> Funny enough as it is this meta tag from the mind of a child now exist
    >> in all HTML documents and controls from my perspective the metaphysics
    >> of a page. I have always posted under this name so maybe you can find
    >> it from 17 years ago, but alas the standards haven't changed, yahoo at
    >> least still use it.

    > Sorry, the use of the term "metadata" (not from "metaphysics"--rather,
    > both words are based on the Greek-derived prefix "meta-") to refer to
    > data *about* data predates the Internet.

    And perhaps your birth as well?

    Harlan Messinger, Dec 2, 2007
  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    >> Sorry, the use of the term "metadata" (not from "metaphysics"--rather,
    >> both words are based on the Greek-derived prefix "meta-") to refer to
    >> data *about* data predates the Internet.

    Yeah that what we assumed the term meta would eventually be put into that
    contect by some zealot with a close minded education..

    ps.. My urine has more value than the sound on your keyboard.

    Simon, Dec 2, 2007
  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    > Somehow I think meta tags metastasized from other origins. But thanks for
    > the meandering miasma of your immaterial memories.

    No it is definately metaphysics, as that was the topic of debate we where
    having in alt.html, back before even JPG was a concept and all the browser
    where text based and you had to telnet into usenet etc.

    Simon, Dec 2, 2007
  7. Simon

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 02 Dec 2007 19:44:47
    GMT Simon scribed:

    >> Somehow I think meta tags metastasized from other origins. But
    >> thanks for the meandering miasma of your immaterial memories.
    >>

    > No it is definately metaphysics, as that was the topic of debate we
    > where having in alt.html, back before even JPG was a concept and all
    > the browser where text based and you had to telnet into usenet etc.

    Well, I didn't hang around either The Web or Usenet back then since bbses
    were my "thang" and furthermore I'm like a zealot with a close-minded
    education because my spontaneity is being slowly eaten-away by various
    Finns on the warpath, but I think <tremble> you will receive a lot of
    doubting replies from such a primal statement without offering at least
    some viable proof of its accuracy.

    Bone Ur, Dec 2, 2007
  8. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Simon"
    <news@[spamhater-remove].chronolabs.org.au> writing in

    >> Somehow I think meta tags metastasized from other origins. But
    >> thanks for the meandering miasma of your immaterial memories.
    >>

    > No it is definately metaphysics, as that was the topic of debate we
    > where having in alt.html, back before even JPG was a concept and all
    > the browser where text based and you had to telnet into usenet etc.

    The earliest message containing metaphysics in alt.html was a response
    posted by Jukka on March 24, 2000 [http://tinyurl.com/2tmy8n].

    The oldest message I've found for alt.html was 1/7/1996
    [http://tinyurl.com/2v9rzu], and my first message in this group was
    4/10/1999 [http://tinyurl.com/348qxc] ... Wow, how things have changed
    from _that_ post.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 2, 2007
  9. Simon

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Xns99FA9491B5A77arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:

    > The earliest message containing metaphysics in alt.html was a response
    > posted by Jukka on March 24, 2000 [http://tinyurl.com/2tmy8n]

    I think it was, rather, Thomas Liesner who first mentioned it in
    that thread.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Dec 2, 2007
  10. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed dorayme
    <> writing in news:doraymeRidThis-
    :

    > In article <Xns99FA9491B5A77arbpenyahoocom@69.28.186.121>,
    > Adrienne Boswell <> wrote:
    >
    >> The earliest message containing metaphysics in alt.html was a response
    >> posted by Jukka on March 24, 2000 [http://tinyurl.com/2tmy8n]

    > I think it was, rather, Thomas Liesner who first mentioned it in
    > that thread.

    You're right, but I mentioned Jukka because so he's well known.

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 3, 2007
  11. Simon wrote:
    >>> Sorry, the use of the term "metadata" (not from "metaphysics"--rather,
    >>> both words are based on the Greek-derived prefix "meta-") to refer to
    >>> data *about* data predates the Internet.

    > Yeah that what we assumed the term meta would eventually be put into that
    > contect by some zealot with a close minded education..
    >
    > ps.. My urine has more value than the sound on your keyboard.

    Did you throw that last line in just to be sure I didn't start to take
    you seriously?

    Harlan Messinger, Dec 3, 2007