where shall i place a file like libeftapi.so.1.1.8 on LINUX OS?

bronby

I have here a file , i think a library to be used by a java demo program of
a supplier providing serial interface api that will run on Linux. e.g.
libeftapi.so.1.1.3 . Where shall I place this on Linux system??? what
subdirectory? Or shall i place it in my JDK1.4\lib director(ies)? i have
tried copying this file to different subdirectories in linux and in
jdk/*/* .. but still arrive at the same RUN-TIME error...

like this

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no eftapijava in java.library.path
at
EftposPlusExpress.Interface.EFTAPINativeAdapter.<clinit>(EFTAPINativeAdapter.java:35)
at EftdDemo.POSDemo.this_componentShown(POSDemo.java:584)
at
EftdDemo.POSDemo_this_componentAdapter.componentShown(POSDemo.java:655)
at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Component.java:4964)
at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:1092)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at EftdDemo.POSDemo.this_windowClosing(POSDemo.java:624)
at EftdDemo.POSDemo_this_windowAdapter.windowClosing(POSDemo.java:732)
at java.awt.Window.processWindowEvent(Window.java:1121)
at javax.swing.JFrame.processWindowEvent(JFrame.java:266)
at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:1079)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3615)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:1627)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:151)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:145)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:137)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:100)

What shall i do?
Help , anyone??

Thanks

Thomas Weidenfeller

bronby said:
I have here a file , i think a library to be used by a java demo program of
a supplier providing serial interface api that will run on Linux. e.g.
libeftapi.so.1.1.3 . Where shall I place this on Linux system???

Ask your supplier. Form the error message it looks as if it should be
somewhere in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. However, your supplier should provide
you with a suitable installation instruction or installation program.

/Thomas

iksrazal

Its a shared library file, try as any user:

locate .so. | grep more

(Sometimes distros require you to run 'updatedb' as root as it is not
pre-configured to update automatically).

That will show you where your flavor of linux puts their libraries.
Mine shows /lib .

The correct way to do it, however, is as the other poster suggested:
try to find out from your supplier if possible or use LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

HTH,
iksrazal
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Gordon Beaton

I have here a file , i think a library to be used by a java demo
program of a supplier providing serial interface api that will run
on Linux. e.g. libeftapi.so.1.1.3 . Where shall I place this on
Linux system???

Put it in one of the paths mentioned in /etc/ld.so.conf, or in a path
mentioned in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Or put it somewhere else, but update /etc/ld.so.conf (then run
ldconfig) or LD_LIBRARAY_PATH accordingly.

/gordon