Where should I place this code?

shapper

Hello,

On my ASP.NET MVC project I create ViewData classes to pass
information from the controller to the view.

Where should I place the view data classes? Since they kind of reshape
the classes created by the LINQ to SQL I added them do the models.

Not sure if this is the best place to add these classes or even the
best way to do this.

Here is an example:

namespace MyApp.Models
{
public class FilePaper
{
public File File { get; set; }
public List Tags { get; set; }
}
public class FileViewData
{
public PagedList FilesPapers { get; set; }
public FilePaper FilePaper { get; set; }

In this moment I am using this on the FileController but I suppose
this could be used somewhere else ...

Anyway, just trying to be sure about this since I am still not very
confortable with MVC.

Thanks,

Miguel

bruce barker

the convention for MVC is to define viewdata in the models folder. you
probably should make each class it it's own file.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)