    database, how can i configure the environment.
    --
    Bi Hongliang / David

    David, Jul 28, 2003

  2. David

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    "David" <> writes:

    > i code it with JDK1.3.1+ Win2000, but i have to test it on Linux, if i use
    > database, how can i configure the environment.

    Sounds like you want Hypersonic SQL (hsqldb).

    --
    "Notwithstanding fervent argument that patent protection is essential
    for the growth of the software industry, commentators have noted

    Bruce Lewis, Jul 28, 2003

  3. David

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:36:18 +1200, "David" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >my assignment required to detect data transfer error, as part of it, i need
    >to store some info, which one is easier to be achieved: a text file or a
    >database.

    It is much simpler to store data is a flat file. You may have some
    trouble finding some data transfer errors. With self-correcting
    modems, and the TCP/IP retransmit you don't get errors
    the way you used to, just disconnects.

    You can use a digest/checksum to ensure a file arrived intact. I
    would think that would likely be what your prof has in mind. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/digest.html and
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/crc.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.