    the CLR ?

    Thanks
    B.Balaji

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYWpp?=, Apr 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFsYWpp?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    ngen should only be used if you've profiled your application and determined
    that when you initialliy launch the app the response time for the UI coming
    up is slow because of JITing. Now, since you've posted in the ASP.NET NG,
    I'd argue that this isn't something you should bother with. ngen is geared
    for desktop style apps.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Apr 28, 2005

  3. When you call ngen, it is placed in the temporary .net cache file directory.
    Which for asp.net applications on my machine is:

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\

    You also need to know that the "First" response will be faster, all the
    remaining responses will be unaffected by ngen.

    The CLR Loader handles where the native code for a MSIL assembly is.

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Apr 28, 2005