    What do you think should happen when they press that button? There is
    no log in form and this is probably the first and only page they will
    see on my site.

    David Segall, Jan 4, 2006

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed David Segall <>
    writing in news::

    > I have a form that I expect the user to update and press the "Submit"
    > button. I then tell the user the update is successful with some
    > additional text on the same form. I think it would be desirable to
    > have a second button that the user can press to indicate that they
    > have finished whether or not they completed the form.
    >
    > What do you think should happen when they press that button? There is
    > no log in form and this is probably the first and only page they will
    > see on my site.

    I would send them to a confirmation page showing all that had been
    submitted, and offer a way to make edits in case they made a mistake.

    I would put a "finished" button on that confirmation page, and then
    perhaps send them to an "exit" page, with links to other areas, or just a
    plain "Thanks, have a nice day".
    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 4, 2006

  3. David Segall

    saz Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a form that I expect the user to update and press the "Submit"
    > button. I then tell the user the update is successful with some
    > additional text on the same form. I think it would be desirable to
    > have a second button that the user can press to indicate that they
    > have finished whether or not they completed the form.
    >
    > What do you think should happen when they press that button? There is
    > no log in form and this is probably the first and only page they will
    > see on my site.

    I always follow it up with a Thank you page, with a link to the index
    page.

    saz, Jan 4, 2006
  4. David Segall

    ' Guest