    continue to be patient.

    Thanks,

    Keith

    Keith G Hicks, Apr 7, 2008

  2. Keith G Hicks

    Joe Kaplan Guest

    One thing you might consider doing is getting a registered MSDN posting
    account and post with that. The MS employees who monitor these groups are
    only obligated to follow the managed newsgroups and respond to those
    posters. Other people may help from time to time, but they aren't
    obligated.

    If I knew the answers to any of the stuff you've been asking about, I'd
    probably answer. :)

    You might also try the www.asp.net forums.

    Joe K.
    http://www.directoryprogramming.net

    Joe Kaplan, Apr 8, 2008

  3. Thanks for the info Joe. Yeah, I know nobody's obligated. I've been using
    community forums for several years and know that generally speaking related
    company employees don't get involved in peer to peer newsgroups. I'm just
    kind of disappointed in the lack of participation. If you've read my posts
    then you obviously know I'm pretty new to asp.net so it's a little
    frustrating. When I was new to Delphi a few years ago the Borland newsgroups
    were indispensible. Same with the MS SQL newsgroups. After a while I was
    answering my share of questions. But I feel pretty much like I'm lost out in
    the desert in the asp.net groups. When I started working in this area a few
    months ago I figured that asp.net had such a good foothold that there would
    be lots of good newsgroup help. I'm really surprised at how little there
    seems to be. Oh well. I'll consider your suggestions and in the meantime
    I'll just be patient. :) Thanks again.

    Keith

    "Joe Kaplan" <> wrote in message
    > One thing you might consider doing is getting a registered MSDN posting
    > account and post with that. The MS employees who monitor these groups are
    > only obligated to follow the managed newsgroups and respond to those
    > posters. Other people may help from time to time, but they aren't
    > obligated.
    >
    > If I knew the answers to any of the stuff you've been asking about, I'd
    > probably answer. :)
    >
    > You might also try the www.asp.net forums.
    >
    > Joe K.
    > Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services

    Programming"

    Keith G Hicks, Apr 8, 2008