where to ask asp.net questions

Keith G Hicks

Not complaining, just looking for info. Can anyone tell me if there's a
better place to ask asp.net questions (especially security issues)? I'm used
to using the SQL, Access, Delphi and other newsgroups that have a LOT more
activity. It's a bummer when you get stuck on something and never get an
answer. I'm wondering if there's a better place. Just curiuos. If not, I'll
continue to be patient.

Thanks,

Keith

Joe Kaplan

One thing you might consider doing is getting a registered MSDN posting
account and post with that. The MS employees who monitor these groups are
only obligated to follow the managed newsgroups and respond to those
posters. Other people may help from time to time, but they aren't
obligated.

If I knew the answers to any of the stuff you've been asking about, I'd
probably answer. :)

You might also try the www.asp.net forums.

Joe K.

Keith G Hicks

Thanks for the info Joe. Yeah, I know nobody's obligated. I've been using
community forums for several years and know that generally speaking related
company employees don't get involved in peer to peer newsgroups. I'm just
kind of disappointed in the lack of participation. If you've read my posts
then you obviously know I'm pretty new to asp.net so it's a little
frustrating. When I was new to Delphi a few years ago the Borland newsgroups
were indispensible. Same with the MS SQL newsgroups. After a while I was
answering my share of questions. But I feel pretty much like I'm lost out in
the desert in the asp.net groups. When I started working in this area a few
months ago I figured that asp.net had such a good foothold that there would
be lots of good newsgroup help. I'm really surprised at how little there
seems to be. Oh well. I'll consider your suggestions and in the meantime
I'll just be patient. :) Thanks again.

Keith