Where to buy SSL Certificates that don't cost an arm and a leg????

msn

The Instant SSL is $49 a year at instantssl.com. Thawte does not have
anything close to that

Curt_C [MVP]

Look at the fine details though... From what I saw their server items were
about equivalent....
But you do know you can install Cert Services and generate your own as
well.....

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

AFN

instantssl is good and very browser compatible. best buy IMO.

but they are not "instant". allow a day or two for processing (last I
knew) and proving that you have the right to the domain name (which is not
hard, but it takes a few minutes of your time and then you have to wait for
their approval).

no downside that I've found to their certs. certs are just overpriced
elsewhere.

NWx

Hi,

Where can I get Cert services?
I'm interested to develop a test ASP.NET app with SSL, to get started with.

Thanks.

AFN

part of IIS and the Windows OS

NWx said:
Hi,

Where can I get Cert services?
I'm interested to develop a test ASP.NET app with SSL, to get started with.

Thanks.

NWx

So I should have them.
But how to use them? Where I can get some info / documentation about this?

Thank you

AFN

I'd search google for this one. You'll probably find some screenshots
telling you how. Or otherwise in a book.