Where to buy SSL Certificates that don't cost an arm and a leg????

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by msn, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. msn

    msn Guest

    msn, Feb 17, 2004

  2. msn

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 17, 2004

  3. msn

    msn Guest

    The Instant SSL is $49 a year at instantssl.com. Thawte does not have
    anything close to that

    > This one I've heard of, for about the same $
    > http://www.thawte.com
    >

    > --
    > Curt Christianson
    > Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
    > www.Darkfalz.com
    >

    > "msn" <> wrote in message
    > > So far http://www.instantssl.com is the cheepest I found, but why are

    they

    msn, Feb 17, 2004
  4. msn

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Look at the fine details though... From what I saw their server items were
    about equivalent....
    But you do know you can install Cert Services and generate your own as
    well.....

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 17, 2004
  5. msn

    AFN Guest

    instantssl is good and very browser compatible. best buy IMO.

    but they are not "instant". allow a day or two for processing (last I
    knew) and proving that you have the right to the domain name (which is not
    hard, but it takes a few minutes of your time and then you have to wait for
    their approval).

    no downside that I've found to their certs. certs are just overpriced
    elsewhere.

    AFN, Feb 17, 2004
  6. msn

    AFN Guest

    but your own won't be good for a public site. for intranet, though, its
    fine.

    AFN, Feb 17, 2004
  7. msn

    NWx Guest

    Hi,

    Where can I get Cert services?
    I'm interested to develop a test ASP.NET app with SSL, to get started with.

    Thanks.

    NWx, Feb 17, 2004
  8. msn

    AFN Guest

    part of IIS and the Windows OS

    AFN, Feb 17, 2004
  9. msn

    NWx Guest

    So I should have them.
    But how to use them? Where I can get some info / documentation about this?

    Thank you

    NWx, Feb 18, 2004
  10. msn

    AFN Guest

    I'd search google for this one. You'll probably find some screenshots
    telling you how. Or otherwise in a book.

    AFN, Feb 18, 2004