where to define my custom control schema & collection property... (2 questions)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Dupont, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    1.
    I have define A custom web control with, let's say, a property called
    Content, when I use it like that:

    <lloyd:MyControl runat=server>
    <Content>some content</Content>
    </lloyd:MyControl>

    VS.NET says 'the active schema doesn't support Content' and underline my tag
    with a red winding line
    although it compiles and runs fine.

    I wonder, how could I create a schema and where should I put it for VS.NET
    to recognize it ?

    2.
    Also I try to have a collection property (like <MyItems></MyItems> meant to
    contain many <Item />) and while it work well if MyItems is of Type
    ArrayList I was unsuccessfull so far at using typed collection, any clues ?
    Lloyd Dupont, Jul 27, 2003