Where to download and install browser plugin "jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab" ?

Ulf Meinhardt

My Internet Explorer browser need an Java ActiveX plugin and tries to automatically download and
install the following file from Suns web site:

jinstall-1_4-windows-i586.cab

I did not find a download link manually on Suns web pages.

Is there a way of downloading and installing this plug-in manually instead of
let IntExp do the job? Maybe it is an *.exe file instead of a *.cab file.

Much to surprise this download seems to be necessary although J2EE v 1.5 is already installed
on my computer. Why does IntExp not recognize this installation?

Ulf