    Pete C
    Why not have a *free* copy of StarOffice (SO7)? Try here :
    http://www.avanquest.fr/absoft/prod...nt_presse/vnu/StarOffice0506/avquk_so0506.cfm
    Peter Christensen, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Peter Christensen

    bugnthecode Guest

    On Feb 2, 6:08 pm, "Peter Christensen" <>
    wrote:
    > I just wonder, why they are still distributing JRE 1.5.0_10 onwww.java.com.
    >
    > I now use JRE 1.6.0 (JRE 6), which I downloaded together with the new Java
    > Development Kit (JDK 1.6.0) from java.sun.com. I would like my user to
    > update to JRE 1.6.0 also, but he shouldn't really have to download JDK 1.6.0
    > too, because he is just using the program and not a programmer.
    >
    > Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 onwww.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK? -Maybe
    > it's just a matter of days before java.com is updated, so JRE 1.6.0 can be
    > downloaded?
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Pete C
    > Why not have a *free* copy of StarOffice (SO7)? Try here :http://www.avanquest.fr/absoft/produits/promotion/enregistrement_pres...

    You can direct your user to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    where he looks for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6" and clicks
    "Download" this will take you to the license agreement etc..

    I'm not exactly sure why the front page wasn't updated to show the new
    jre, probably because the 1.6 is so new and hardly any one really
    requires it, especially when a lot of companies (mine included) are
    still using 1.4 and earlier.

    Hope that helps,
    Will
    bugnthecode, Feb 3, 2007

  3. "bugnthecode" <> skrev i en meddelelse
    > On Feb 2, 6:08 pm, "Peter Christensen" <>
    > wrote:

    > You can direct your user to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    > where he looks for "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6" and clicks
    > "Download" this will take you to the license agreement etc..
    >
    > I'm not exactly sure why the front page wasn't updated to show the new
    > jre, probably because the 1.6 is so new and hardly any one really
    > requires it, especially when a lot of companies (mine included) are
    > still using 1.4 and earlier.
    >
    > Hope that helps,
    > Will

    That helped, thank you.

    Rgds,
    Pete C
    Peter Christensen, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Robert Kochem, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Peter Christensen

    Pete C Guest

    On 3 Feb., 11:54, Robert Kochem <> wrote:
    > Peter Christensen schrieb:
    >
    > > Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
    > >www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK?

    > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    > "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6"
    >
    > Robert

    Thanks, that all I have to say...

    Pete C
    Pete C, Feb 3, 2007
  6. Peter Christensen

    David Kerber Guest

    Why not download it direct from Sun? You can find pretty much any
    version there, including all the way back to 1.3.

    In article <45c3eeaa$0$49204$>,
    says...
    > I just wonder, why they are still distributing JRE 1.5.0_10 on www.java.com.
    >
    > I now use JRE 1.6.0 (JRE 6), which I downloaded together with the new Java
    > Development Kit (JDK 1.6.0) from java.sun.com. I would like my user to
    > update to JRE 1.6.0 also, but he shouldn't really have to download JDK 1.6.0
    > too, because he is just using the program and not a programmer.
    >
    > Are there anybody who knows, why they still have JRE 1.5.0_10 on
    > www.java.com, and where JRE 1.6.0 can be downloaded without the JDK? -Maybe
    > it's just a matter of days before java.com is updated, so JRE 1.6.0 can be
    > downloaded?
    >
    > Rgds,
    > Pete C

    newsgroups if possible).
    David Kerber, Feb 3, 2007
  7. because there is no version for as400, neither 1.6, nor any other

    Dieter Bender, Feb 4, 2007
  8. Dieter Bender wrote:
    > David Kerber wrote:
    >> Why not download it direct from Sun? You can find pretty much any
    >> version there, including all the way back to 1.3.

    > because there is no version for as400, neither 1.6, nor any other

    And what has that to do with java.com, which also doesn't support the
    AS/400? If you want Java for zSeries, iSeries, or pSeries, you go to
    IBM. If you want Java for MacOS X, you go to Apple.

    On the other hand, it appears that java.com is owned by Sun, who I
    suppose really should upgrade it from 1.5.10 to 1.6.0.

    --
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres
    John W. Kennedy, Feb 4, 2007