    I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
    pixelcolors of images.

    One for videos would be good too.

    ssecorp, Jul 4, 2008

  2. ssecorp

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:12:15 -0700 (PDT), ssecorp
    who said :

    >Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

    your own computer. Download and install the documentation.
    Then use a program like Copernic to index and search it for you.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/copernic.html
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Jul 4, 2008

  3. ssecorp

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    ssecorp wrote:
    > Im new to Java and google doesnt give a "final answer."
    >
    > Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

    Depends on for what purpose.

    > I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
    > pixelcolors of images.
    >
    > One for videos would be good too.

    I believe you need to look at JAI and JMF.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 5, 2008
  4. ssecorp

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:12:15 -0700 (PDT), ssecorp
    > who said :
    >> Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

    > your own computer. Download and install the documentation.
    > Then use a program like Copernic to index and search it for you.
    >
    > See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/copernic.html

    Considering what you chose not to quote:

    #I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
    #pixelcolors of images.
    #
    #One for videos would be good too.

    Then I find it difficult to see any relevance for the
    question.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 5, 2008
  5. ssecorp

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2008, ssecorp wrote:

    > Im new to Java and google doesnt give a "final answer."
    >
    > Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

    If you're talking about the standard libraries, then:

    http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/overview-summary.html

    If you mean third-party libraries, then i'm afraid there isn't a good
    answer. There's no java equivalent of CPAN etc.

    > I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
    > pixelcolors of images.

    javax.imageio will read and write images, and you can get at the pixel
    values, and do other basic manipulations using java.awt.image. There is a
    Java Advanced Imaging library, which does even more, but it's a pain in
    the arse.

    > One for videos would be good too.

    Pass. JMF, maybe, but ISTR that this makes playing video easy but getting
    at the video data quite hard.

    tom

    --
    Don't anthropomorphize computers: they don't like that.

    Tom Anderson, Jul 5, 2008