Where to find libraries?

ssecorp

Im new to Java and google doesnt give a "final answer."

Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
pixelcolors of images.

One for videos would be good too.

Arne Vajhøj

ssecorp said:
Im new to Java and google doesnt give a "final answer."

Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

Depends on for what purpose.
I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
pixelcolors of images.

One for videos would be good too.

I believe you need to look at JAI and JMF.

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
your own computer. Download and install the documentation.
Then use a program like Copernic to index and search it for you.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/copernic.html

Considering what you chose not to quote:

#I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
#pixelcolors of images.
#
#One for videos would be good too.

Then I find it difficult to see any relevance for the
question.

Arne

Tom Anderson

Im new to Java and google doesnt give a "final answer."

Which is the best site for browsing Java libraries?

If you're talking about the standard libraries, then:

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/overview-summary.html

If you mean third-party libraries, then i'm afraid there isn't a good
answer. There's no java equivalent of CPAN etc.
I am specifically looking for a library to open,edit and check
pixelcolors of images.

javax.imageio will read and write images, and you can get at the pixel
values, and do other basic manipulations using java.awt.image. There is a
Java Advanced Imaging library, which does even more, but it's a pain in
the arse.
One for videos would be good too.

Pass. JMF, maybe, but ISTR that this makes playing video easy but getting
at the video data quite hard.

tom