Where to find package javax.servlet.jsp.*

mot12345

Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package

javax.servlet.jsp.*

(in particular the tag libraries and classes like
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport)

I have looked everywhere, including (on Windows XP) the servlet JAR
provided with Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-5.0...)

%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

I have also looked in various JARs provided with J2EE,
but no luck.

Any idea about where I can find this
javax.servlet.jsp.*

Thanks,

Wolfgang,
Santa Barbara, CA

IchBin

Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package

javax.servlet.jsp.*

(in particular the tag libraries and classes like
javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport)

I have looked everywhere, including (on Windows XP) the servlet JAR
provided with Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-5.0...)

%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

I have also looked in various JARs provided with J2EE,
but no luck.

Any idea about where I can find this
javax.servlet.jsp.*

Thanks,

Wolfgang,
Santa Barbara, CA
On my system, widows XP SP 2, it is under Tomcat's

Tomcat5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

mot12345

IchBin said:
On my system, widows XP SP 2, it is under Tomcat's
Tomcat5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

Perhaps javax.servlet.jsp.* comes only in later Tomcat versions. I do
have

jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

but it doesn't contain javax.servlet.jsp.*

So I guess I'll download the latest Tomcat and see...
(Although it seems a bit strange that tomcat-5.0.16 shouldn't contain
have the Tag libraries in its servlet JAR)

Thanks,
Wolfgang

Roedy Green

Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package

javax.servlet.jsp.*

The big puzzle to the novice is where are the jars for the Servlet
classes? Sun does not provide the jars. You get them from your servlet
womb vendor -- his particular implementation of the interfaces. If you
use Caucho Resin, it will automatically use its version of the classes
and automatically recompile your java source as-needed. You have to
read the womb docs. Often they make you copy the entire set of system
jars to your own directory for use.

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html for a list of
possible vendors.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

mot12345

Solution found, the custom JSP tag libraries were are in Tomcat's

jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16\common\lib\jsp-api.jar

I wouldn't think of things related to custom JSP tag libraries a novice
topic, but clearly I have things to learn.

Thanks, Roedy for your paragraph "servlet womb" at
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html, it's quite enlightening.

Wolfgang