Where to find package javax.servlet.jsp.*

Discussion in 'Java' started by mot12345@alexandria.ucsb.edu, Jul 1, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package

    javax.servlet.jsp.*

    (in particular the tag libraries and classes like
    javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport)

    I have looked everywhere, including (on Windows XP) the servlet JAR
    provided with Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-5.0...)

    %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

    I have also looked in various JARs provided with J2EE,
    but no luck.

    Any idea about where I can find this
    javax.servlet.jsp.*

    Thanks,

    Wolfgang,
    Santa Barbara, CA
    , Jul 1, 2005

  2. IchBin Guest

    wrote:
    > Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package
    >
    > javax.servlet.jsp.*
    >
    > (in particular the tag libraries and classes like
    > javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport)
    >
    > I have looked everywhere, including (on Windows XP) the servlet JAR
    > provided with Tomcat (jakarta-tomcat-5.0...)
    >
    > %CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet-api.jar
    >
    > I have also looked in various JARs provided with J2EE,
    > but no luck.
    >
    > Any idea about where I can find this
    > javax.servlet.jsp.*
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Wolfgang,
    > Santa Barbara, CA

    On my system, widows XP SP 2, it is under Tomcat's

    Tomcat5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    ' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)
    IchBin, Jul 1, 2005

    IchBin wrote:
    > On my system, widows XP SP 2, it is under Tomcat's
    > Tomcat5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

    > Thanks in Advance...
    > IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    Perhaps javax.servlet.jsp.* comes only in later Tomcat versions. I do
    have

    jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16\common\lib\servlet-api.jar

    but it doesn't contain javax.servlet.jsp.*

    So I guess I'll download the latest Tomcat and see...
    (Although it seems a bit strange that tomcat-5.0.16 shouldn't contain
    have the Tag libraries in its servlet JAR)

    Thanks,
    Wolfgang
    , Jul 1, 2005
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On 30 Jun 2005 16:58:12 -0700, wrote or
    quoted :

    >Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package
    >
    > javax.servlet.jsp.*

    The big puzzle to the novice is where are the jars for the Servlet
    classes? Sun does not provide the jars. You get them from your servlet
    womb vendor -- his particular implementation of the interfaces. If you
    use Caucho Resin, it will automatically use its version of the classes
    and automatically recompile your java source as-needed. You have to
    read the womb docs. Often they make you copy the entire set of system
    jars to your own directory for use.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html for a list of
    possible vendors.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 1, 2005

    Solution found, the custom JSP tag libraries were are in Tomcat's

    jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16\common\lib\jsp-api.jar

    I wouldn't think of things related to custom JSP tag libraries a novice
    topic, but clearly I have things to learn.

    Thanks, Roedy for your paragraph "servlet womb" at
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html, it's quite enlightening.

    Wolfgang

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On 30 Jun 2005 16:58:12 -0700, wrote or
    > quoted :
    >
    > >Can someone on this group tell me where I find the package
    > >
    > > javax.servlet.jsp.*

    > The big puzzle to the novice is where are the jars for the Servlet
    > classes? Sun does not provide the jars. You get them from your servlet
    > womb vendor -- his particular implementation of the interfaces. If you
    > use Caucho Resin, it will automatically use its version of the classes
    > and automatically recompile your java source as-needed. You have to
    > read the womb docs. Often they make you copy the entire set of system
    > jars to your own directory for use.
    >
    > See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/servletwomb.html for a list of
    > possible vendors.
    , Jul 1, 2005