Where to find Ruby for the Amiga?

Luca Giudice

'Hello World' there, my first post.

Now for the question:
I red on Ruby's main homepage that an Amiga version should be available,
but searching over the net gives me no download links at all.

Can someone of you please give me some sort of indication?

Thanx in advance!

Gary Watson

Luca said:
'Hello World' there, my first post.

Now for the question:
I red on Ruby's main homepage that an Amiga version should be available,
but searching over the net gives me no download links at all.

Can someone of you please give me some sort of indication?

Thanx in advance!

I would also be interested in this. I tried to build ruby for the amiga
using the latest version of geek gadgets that I could find, but I kept
running into problems during the build procedure. I tried ruby versions
1.2.6 1.4.6 1.6.8 and 1.8.4. Surprisingly 1.8.4 got further along in
the build process than many of the others.
miniruby built for both versions 1.2.6 and 1.8.4, but then something
else happened later in the build process that brought it to a halt.

When I get home tonight I'll see if I can't pull up the exact error
message I got on 1.8.4 to see if anyone has any words of wisdom on what
can be done about it.

Luca Giudice

Gary said:
I would also be interested in this. I tried to build ruby for the amiga
using the latest version of geek gadgets that I could find, but I kept
running into problems during the build procedure. I tried ruby versions
1.2.6 1.4.6 1.6.8 and 1.8.4. Surprisingly 1.8.4 got further along in
the build process than many of the others.
miniruby built for both versions 1.2.6 and 1.8.4, but then something
else happened later in the build process that brought it to a halt.

When I get home tonight I'll see if I can't pull up the exact error
message I got on 1.8.4 to see if anyone has any words of wisdom on what
can be done about it.

Thanks a lot!
If you mind to spend a little time upon it, you could follow this link:
there will surely be people able to help you compiling the whole stuff:

http://amigaworld.net/