    for example, I want to know what's the difference between two
    functions of "p" and "print", but don't know where to search.

    Thanks.

    Ruby Newbee, Nov 22, 2009

  2. These are described in the Pickaxe book which is distributed with Ruby.
    Also you can use ri.

    Mike Stephens, Nov 22, 2009

  3. Ruby Newbee

    nas Guest

    Here are the core docs http://ruby-doc.org/core/

    and here the standard library docs http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

    nas, Nov 22, 2009
  4. Marvin Gülker, Nov 22, 2009
  5. Ruby Newbee

    Ruby Newbee Guest

    2009/11/22 nas <>:
    > Here are the core docs http://ruby-doc.org/core/
    >
    > and here the standard library docs http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

    Thanks all.
    So, is there a convenient way to check the usage of a function?
    like unix's `man printf` or Perl's perldoc -f print

    Regards.

    Ruby Newbee, Nov 22, 2009
  6. Ruby Newbee

    Haoqi Haoqi Guest