Where to find the StackTrace?!

Timo

Hi there,

I have a problem concerning a NoSuchMethod Exception. When running a
testcase from my local IDE, everything works fine. But when I test the
application on another virtual machine (SAP EP 6) I get a
NoSuchMethodException.

The VMs builds (1.3.1) are equal (except _06 / _16). Does someone have
an idea how to find the cause of the exception?!

Cheers, Timo

PS: e.printStackTrace() doesn't provide the origin of the Exception
;o)

klynn47

I have this problem, but it involves Java code that calls Swing
methods. The browser is still using JSDK 1.3.1

I do get a stack trace in the Java console.

Roland

Hi there,

I have a problem concerning a NoSuchMethod Exception. When running a
testcase from my local IDE, everything works fine. But when I test the
application on another virtual machine (SAP EP 6) I get a
NoSuchMethodException.

The VMs builds (1.3.1) are equal (except _06 / _16). Does someone have
an idea how to find the cause of the exception?!

Cheers, Timo

PS: e.printStackTrace() doesn't provide the origin of the Exception
;o)
Don't know where to find the stack trace, but maybe reading the
following article might give you one possible cause.
<http://www.javaworld.com/javaqa/2003-05/02-qa-0523-version.html?>
Basically what it says is that a class compiled with one set of
bootstrap classes (rt.jar etc) may not run on a vm with a another set of
bootstrap classes, even if the class is binary compatible for these vm's.
However, it is evenly well possible that there's another cause of your
problem.
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter