Where to get all the articles in this group? (My net is 1KBps)

firemanacab

I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
Is there a place to download such an archive?
... so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

John Bokma

I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
Is there a place to download such an archive?
.. so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

30% is nonsense
50% are newbie questions you can find with perldoc
20% might be useful, depending on what you are doing.

Buying The Perl Cookbook, Programming Perl, and maybe Learning Perl sounds
more useful to me.

takarov2003

John said:
30% is nonsense
50% are newbie questions you can find with perldoc
20% might be useful, depending on what you are doing.

Buying The Perl Cookbook, Programming Perl, and maybe Learning Perl sounds
more useful to me.

I got them on searchable CD-ROM from O'Reily. that and perldocs pretty
much fill the documentation bill, and the experts here take care of
those really ground-in problems.

axel

I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
Is there a place to download such an archive?
.. so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

Your question makes little sense... if you get access to 'high speed
internet', what would stop your using Google?

Axel

firemanacab

"so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it."

But I have to make a special trip to a place in town to do that, I live
in a rural area.

David H. Adler

"so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it."

But I have to make a special trip to a place in town to do that, I live
in a rural area.

Please post some context in the future. Thanks.

If you're looking to download a particular amount of data, I fail to see how
the special trip is relevant, as it would be just as necessary to make
that trip in both scenarios.

dha