    Is there a place to download such an archive?
    ... so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.
    , Nov 11, 2005

  2. John Bokma Guest

    wrote:

    > I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
    > so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
    > connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
    > Is there a place to download such an archive?
    > .. so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

    30% is nonsense
    50% are newbie questions you can find with perldoc
    20% might be useful, depending on what you are doing.

    Buying The Perl Cookbook, Programming Perl, and maybe Learning Perl sounds
    more useful to me.

    I ploink googlegroups.com :)
    John Bokma, Nov 11, 2005

    John Bokma wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
    > > so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
    > > connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
    > > Is there a place to download such an archive?
    > > .. so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

    > 30% is nonsense
    > 50% are newbie questions you can find with perldoc
    > 20% might be useful, depending on what you are doing.
    >
    > Buying The Perl Cookbook, Programming Perl, and maybe Learning Perl sounds
    > more useful to me.

    I got them on searchable CD-ROM from O'Reily. that and perldocs pretty
    much fill the documentation bill, and the experts here take care of
    those really ground-in problems.

    > --
    > John Small Perl scripts: http://johnbokma.com/perl/
    > Perl programmer available: http://castleamber.com/
    > I ploink googlegroups.com :)
    , Nov 11, 2005

    wrote:
    > I need to download all the articles for this group for the past year or
    > so to create a searchable database. I cannot use google as my net
    > connection is slower than dialup, it being on cellular phone (GPRS).
    > Is there a place to download such an archive?
    > .. so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it.

    Your question makes little sense... if you get access to 'high speed
    internet', what would stop your using Google?

    Axel
    , Nov 11, 2005

    "so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it."

    But I have to make a special trip to a place in town to do that, I live
    in a rural area.
    , Nov 13, 2005
  6. On 2005-11-13, <> wrote:
    > "so I could goto a place having high speed internet and download it."
    >
    > But I have to make a special trip to a place in town to do that, I live
    > in a rural area.

    Please post some context in the future. Thanks.

    If you're looking to download a particular amount of data, I fail to see how
    the special trip is relevant, as it would be just as necessary to make
    that trip in both scenarios.

    dha

    When they send bikers into space, that's what they'll be wearing. I'm
    so envious. TorgoX, not on #perl
    David H. Adler, Nov 13, 2005