where to get DOM info for IE - especially Mac and PC differences?

lkrubner

The code that lets me get selected text from a textarea in IE on a PC
does not work in IE on a Mac. Why Microsoft did things this way, I
don't know, but now I need to track down the Mac/PC differences for IE.
Where do I go to look?

Martin Honnen

The code that lets me get selected text from a textarea in IE on a PC
does not work in IE on a Mac. Why Microsoft did things this way, I
don't know, but now I need to track down the Mac/PC differences for IE.

MSDN documents the IE object model and if you check
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...hor/dhtml/reference/objects/obj_selection.asp>
then (at least when visiting with IE/Win) you can hover over the objects
listed under "Applies To" and the IE versions supposed to support that
object are displayed.
I am not sure however the version info for IE on platforms other than
Windows is accurate and consistent, if MSDN is right then
document.selection
is supported on all platforms:
Win16: 4.0
Win32: 4.0
Windows CE: 4.0
Unix: 4.0
Mac: 4.0
and even createRange is supported there while then documentation for the
text property of a range doesn't list the Mac which doesn't make much sense.