Where to get emulator from (web matrix)?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Asad Khan, Sep 17, 2004.

  1. Asad Khan

    Asad Khan Guest

    Hi,

    I am using Web Matrix to develop some mobile pages. I am able to run the
    mobile pages successfully locally using IE. However, I want to see it run on
    a device or an emulator.

    Where can I find an emulator that works with web matrix? Any links on how to
    use it with web matrix?

    On the other hand, I tried uploading my mobile aspx files to my server at
    instaspace, but I keep getting this error:

    "Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly
    'Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626'. Make sure that it is compiled before
    accessing the page."

    which I guess means that instaspace doesn't support mobile pages? Is there
    some place else on the web where I can upload my mobile pages for free and
    test?

    Thanks.
    Asad Khan, Sep 17, 2004

  2. Asad Khan

    JuanDG Guest

    Well that's two questions in one post, is that legal?????(jejejeje just
    kidding)
    Web matrix is an excellent free IDE and I also use it for experimental
    projects.
    The first thing you need it’s an emulator, the best one is Openwave Phone
    Simulator 6.2.2, you can download it from here
    http://developer.openwave.com/dvl/tools_and_sdk/openwave_mobile_sdk/phone_simulator/

    With that installed all you have to do its run your project on webmatrix so
    it starts the web server (code name Cassini) and put it to run in one port
    (i.e 8080). Then close IE and launch the Openwave PS and type the address of
    the project (it should start like http://localhost:8080/....), and voila!!!
    You are previewing your mobile web site in one of the most popular browser
    for mobile phones in the world!!! (Compatibility guaranteed with most
    devices!!!).

    If what you want is to upload it to your server you must start remove the
    first line of code web matrix creates that looks like this:
    <%@ Page Inherits="Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile.UI.MobilePage,
    Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile, Version=0.6.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=6f763c9966660626" Language="C#" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="Mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
    Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>

    and replace irt with this one:

    <%@ Page Inherits="System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage" Language="c#" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
    Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %>
    <%@ import Namespace="System.Web.Mobile" %>
    <script runat="server">

    the problem (as you can see) is that web matrix is calling the assembly
    Microsoft.Matrix.Framework.Mobile.UI.MobilePage, that it’s not going to be
    available in your instaspace server and that’s why you get the error, not
    because they can’t run mobile pages.

    I hope my post it’s helpful and if you have trouble please let me know

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    JuanDG, Sep 21, 2004