    CSS2. We want to display these pages inside of our Java application.

    Thanks in advance for you help,

    Kevin

    Kevin Meixner, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Kevin Meixner

    nielinjie Guest

    i remenber these are some open source projects on soureceforge. search
    'browser' on the site, you will get it.

    "Kevin Meixner" <> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:3f78527c.829813@nntp...

    nielinjie, Sep 29, 2003

  3. On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:40:34 GMT, Kevin Meixner wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm a Java newbie and I my boss has asked me to look into finding a
    >small Java browser for development to incorporate into a Java
    >application we are building. Does anyone know if such a browser exists
    >and where to get one?
    >
    >Ideally, we need a resource-light browser that supports HTML 4.01
    >Transitional, CSS2, JavaScript 1.5 and XML. Currently, our application
    >consists of pages that are based on JSP, Java Servlets, HTML 4.01 and
    >CSS2. We want to display these pages inside of our Java application.

    Hello,

    you can start on the default HTML Component of (HTMLDocument), used by
    JEditorPane. It supports only HTML 3.2 and a subset of HTML 4 (including
    stylesheets), but no Javascript etc.

    Very simple browser:
    A Dialog with a JEditorPane in it.
    Use addHyperlinkListener with the JEditorPane to catch the user selecting
    a link events:
    myJEditorPane.addHyperlinkListener(new HyperlinkListener() {
    public void hyperlinkUpdate(HyperlinkEvent e) {
    if (e.getEventType()==HyperlinkEvent.EventType.ACTIVATED)
    {
    URL url=e.getURL();
    if (url.getProtocol().equalsIgnoreCase("http")) {
    try {
    JEditorPane jp=(JEditorPane)e.getSource();
    jp.setPage(url);
    } catch (IOException ioe) {
    ioe.printStackTrace();
    }
    } else if
    (url.getProtocol().equalsIgnoreCase("mailto")) {
    ... start my mail application ...

    You could also add a toolbar etc. for more functionality.

    To avoid the work or have more functionality, there are some commercial
    html packages too that support much more.
    With google you should be able to find a few (or more specific sites), a
    stumbled on a few a while ago.

    Finally, you could also use Mozilla or it's java variant (Jazilla I
    thought). The latter is of course cross platform java but not so actively
    developed. Mozilla is available for a lot of platforms and supports all
    html standards perfectly of course, and I think you can use it as a
    component.

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    WWW: http://twisted.warande.net