Where to install Sun AppServer 8.1?

Leo

Dear All,

I want to install Sun AppServer 8.1. The current version is 8.2. The
reason is that Sun AppServer 8.2 stops to include PointBase, while
version 8.1 includes.

The books I have need to use PointBase. In order to follow the material,
I need pointbase. I have installed PointBase from www.pointbase.com. But
it is installed in different places and the sample code from my book
doesn't work anymore. And it is hard for a beginner like me to correct
the sample code.

The pase I can find is http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html

It comes with Sun AppServer 8.2. Could anybody help me to find how to
install Sun AppServer 8.1?

Many thanks.

Philip Reimer

Leo said:
Dear All,

I want to install Sun AppServer 8.1. The current version is 8.2. The
reason is that Sun AppServer 8.2 stops to include PointBase, while
version 8.1 includes.

The books I have need to use PointBase. In order to follow the material,
I need pointbase. I have installed PointBase from www.pointbase.com. But
it is installed in different places and the sample code from my book
doesn't work anymore. And it is hard for a beginner like me to correct
the sample code.

The pase I can find is http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/download.html

scroll down -> "Earlier Releases"