Where to keep the configuration?

Neo Chou

Greetings!

I'm not very good at ASP, but I'm using ASP to design a website. I know
that I can keep some configurable values, such as Server Name, Database Name
and even Login Username and Password in "web.config" under ASP.Net. As to
ASP, is there a way like this? I'm curious about where to keep them.

Thanks in advance.

Neo

Ray at

I typically will keep constants and what not in an include file.

site.asp:
<%
Const APP_NAME = "Ray's Web-Based Application"
''other constants and what not
%>

some page in app:

<!-- #include virtual="/inc/site.asp" -->

<title><%=APP_NAME%></title>

Or something along those lines.

Ray at home

Ray at

I still have never used global.asa once in any application I've created.
There is no reason for that. I think I'm probably foolish for never using,
but I'm just really never in the mood to see that file extension, I guess.
It makes me think about triangles, which are my least favorite shape. :]

Ray at home

Ray at

And http access to *.inc is explicitly denied by default, I believe, which
is a nice default.