    ASP, is there a way like this? I'm curious about where to keep them.

    Thanks in advance.

    Neo
    Neo Chou, Jul 25, 2003

  2. Neo Chou

    Ray at Guest

    I typically will keep constants and what not in an include file.

    site.asp:
    <%
    Const APP_NAME = "Ray's Web-Based Application"
    ''other constants and what not
    %>

    some page in app:

    <!-- #include virtual="/inc/site.asp" -->

    <title><%=APP_NAME%></title>

    Or something along those lines.

    Ray at home

    --
    Will trade ASP help for SQL Server help

    "Neo Chou" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings!
    >
    > I'm not very good at ASP, but I'm using ASP to design a website. I know
    > that I can keep some configurable values, such as Server Name, Database

    Name

    Ray at, Jul 25, 2003

  3. Neo Chou

    Ray at Guest

    I still have never used global.asa once in any application I've created.
    There is no reason for that. I think I'm probably foolish for never using,
    but I'm just really never in the mood to see that file extension, I guess.
    It makes me think about triangles, which are my least favorite shape. :]

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 25, 2003
  4. Neo Chou

    Ray at Guest

    And http access to *.inc is explicitly denied by default, I believe, which
    is a nice default.

    Ray at, Jul 26, 2003