Where to look for source of HTML::Parser

Himanshu Garg

Hello,

I am trying to pinpoint an apparent bug in HTML::parser. The
encoding of the text seems to change incorrectly if the locale isn't
set properly.

However Parser.pm in the directory
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/HTML/)
doesn't seem to contain the "real" parsing statements.

Could you tell me where to look for the "real" code.

Thank You
Himanshu.

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Himanshu said:
I am trying to pinpoint an apparent bug in HTML::parser. The
encoding of the text seems to change incorrectly if the locale
isn't set properly.

However Parser.pm in the directory
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/HTML/)
doesn't seem to contain the "real" parsing statements.

Could you tell me where to look for the "real" code.

HTML::parser requires HTML::Entities, and it's probably the latter you
want to study.

Himanshu Garg

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
HTML::parser requires HTML::Entities, and it's probably the latter you
want to study.
No it is not the one I am looking for. HTML/Entities.pm merely encodes
and decodes entities.

I am looking for where other things like tags, their attributes etc
are handled and I do not find them in either of these.

Nevertheless, I thank you very much for your reply.

Thank You
++imanshu.

Joe Smith

Himanshu said:
Hello,

I am trying to pinpoint an apparent bug in HTML::parser. The
encoding of the text seems to change incorrectly if the locale isn't
set properly.

However Parser.pm in the directory
(/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/HTML/)
doesn't seem to contain the "real" parsing statements.

Could you tell me where to look for the "real" code.

Take a look at the beginning of the perl module.
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/HTML/Parser.pm
require DynaLoader;
@ISA=qw(DynaLoader);
HTML::parser->bootstrap($VERSION);
That means Parser.pm uses Parser.so (and Parser.bs).

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/HTML/Parser/.packlist
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.bs
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/auto/HTML/Parser/Parser.so

The *.so files are built from *.h and *.c files.
..cpan/build/HTML-Parser-3.34/hctype.h
..cpan/build/HTML-Parser-3.34/hparser.c
..cpan/build/HTML-Parser-3.34/hparser.h
..cpan/build/HTML-Parser-3.34/Parser.bs