    available for short-term posting of code fragments?

    Thanks in Advance,
    Richard

    RichardOnRails, Jun 28, 2008

  2. RichardOnRails wrote:
    > Is there a convenient website
    > available for short-term posting of code fragments?

    www.pastie.org

    HTH,
    Sebastian
    --
    Jabber:
    ICQ: 205544826

    Sebastian Hungerecker, Jun 28, 2008

  3. On Jun 28, 9:48 am, Sebastian Hungerecker <>
    wrote:
    > RichardOnRails wrote:
    > > Is there a convenient website
    > > available for short-term posting of code fragments?

    > www.pastie.org
    >
    > HTH,
    > Sebastian
    > --
    > Jabber:
    > ICQ: 205544826

    Hi Sebastian,

    > www.pastie.org

    Perfect answer! But I don't know anything about Public Key
    Cryptography beyond the basic idea. Does the ICQ line in your
    signature specify your public key?

    If so, do you have it registered with some public authority?

    At first glance, I didn't find Pastie's Help so helpful. I'm a
    retired software developer. Besides knowing a lot about some things,
    I know virtually nothing about most things, ICQ in particular.

    Best wishes,
    Richard

    RichardOnRails, Jun 28, 2008
  4. RichardOnRails

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 4:39 PM, RichardOnRails
    <> wrote:

    > Perfect answer! But I don't know anything about Public Key
    > Cryptography beyond the basic idea...

    Whoa. How did we make the leap from Pastie to Public Key Crypto?

    To use Pastie (and other similar code-paste sites) you just go to
    pastie.org, and type or paste in your source code snippet. You can
    specify the programming language for that snippet using the little
    drop-down list box in the upper right-hand corner of the window (it
    defaults to "Ruby (on Rails)". When you're done, click the "Paste"
    button in the lower right-hand corner. The page will reload, and at
    that point it's in the system and you can share it with others---just
    copy the new URL that's shown in the browser's URL field, which will
    look something like this:

    http://www.pastie.org/224739

    Hope this helps,

    Lyle

    P.S. ICQ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICQ) is an instant-messaging
    system, and Sebastian was just listing his ICQ user number in his
    e-mail signature. One's ICQ number is a kind of unique identifier
    (within that system) but it's not the same thing as a public key used
    in crypto applications.

    Lyle Johnson, Jun 30, 2008
  5. On Jun 30, 9:17 am, Lyle Johnson <> wrote:
    > On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 4:39 PM, RichardOnRails
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > Perfect answer! But I don't know anything about Public Key
    > > Cryptography beyond the basic idea...

    > Whoa. How did we make the leap from Pastie to Public Key Crypto?
    >
    > To use Pastie (and other similar code-paste sites) you just go to
    > pastie.org, and type or paste in your source code snippet. You can
    > specify the programming language for that snippet using the little
    > drop-down list box in the upper right-hand corner of the window (it
    > defaults to "Ruby (on Rails)". When you're done, click the "Paste"
    > button in the lower right-hand corner. The page will reload, and at
    > that point it's in the system and you can share it with others---just
    > copy the new URL that's shown in the browser's URL field, which will
    > look something like this:
    >
    > http://www.pastie.org/224739
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Lyle
    >
    > P.S. ICQ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICQ) is an instant-messaging
    > system, and Sebastian was just listing his ICQ user number in his
    > e-mail signature. One's ICQ number is a kind of unique identifier
    > (within that system) but it's not the same thing as a public key used
    > in crypto applications.

    Hi Lyle,

    As always, you help A LOT. Thanks!

    Best wishes,