where to put javascript?

rockdale.green

I have an aspx file and a placeholder to dynamic load user defined
webcontrols (ascx)

in one one my user defined webcontrols, I need to call functions in my
js file.
I put the following line in my ascx but I kept getting error.

<Script type='text/javascript' src='include/myjavascript.js'></Script>

I do not want to put in the html header of my aspx file because other
controls do not need those javascript functions.
Is html header the only place that I can put javascript?
What about <!--#include file=include\olap.js -->?
Or any other approach to include this js file so that I can call its
functions in my ascx?

Thanks a lot
-Rockdale