Where to put the HTMLgen files

Discussion in 'Python' started by dont bother, Apr 30, 2004.

  1. dont bother

    dont bother Guest

    Hi,
    I have downloaded the HTMLgen for generating web pages
    with python. However I untared and unzipped it. I
    tried to link it with my path like this:

    Heres my .bashrc file
    --------------------------------------

    GAIM=/usr/bin/
    YAHOO=/usr/bin/
    PYTHON=/usr/bin
    HTMLgenPYTHON=/usr/local/HTMLgen
    PATH=$PATH:$GAIM/gaim:$YAHOO/ymessenger:$PYTHON/python:$HTMLgenPYTHON

    export PATH GAIM YAHOO PYTHON HTMLgenPYTHON

    ---------------------------------------

    It does not work. When I write a python program and
    include :

    import HTMLgen

    it does not finds this module. Can anyone tell me
    where should I place this HTMLgen directory? and how
    to make it work?

    Thanks
    Dont

    dont bother, Apr 30, 2004

  2. dont bother

    Peter Otten Guest

    dont bother wrote:

    > It does not work. When I write a python program and
    > include :
    >
    > import HTMLgen
    >
    > it does not finds this module. Can anyone tell me
    > where should I place this HTMLgen directory? and how
    > to make it work?

    Put HTMLgen.py directly into the site-packages directory of your python
    installation, e. g. /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/
    or include the directory containing HTMLgen.py in the python search path by
    defining an environment variable

    PYTHONPATH=/dir/containing/my/module/

    or put a text file dontbother.pth (only the suffix is important) containing

    /dir/containing/my/module/

    into a folder already in the python module search path, e. g. the
    site-packages mentioned above.

    Peter
    Peter Otten, Apr 30, 2004